几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 706|回复: 0

dimensions standards

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-5 18:49:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
dimensions standards
i am setting up solidworks and i would like to know if you use the iso or ansi dimensions standards in the usa.
most companies use the asme y14.5 standard for their gd&t callouts. the company i used to work for switched to iso last year because they did a lot of business globally. it drove the designers to rethink some of their designs and tolerancing callouts.
"wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."
ben loosli
sr is technologist
l-3 communications
thank you ben.
i did use the ansi standards. it sounds like you only use the iso standards is if you plan to send your designs globally.
asme y14.5m and iso have no big difference between.
qq cui
saic motor corp.
cad/cae/gd&t principle engineer
visually the differences are huge.
art without engineering is dreaming; engineering without art is calculating.
steven k. roberts, technomad
what exactly is iso 2768-mk in regards to tolerancing. i have a part drawing from finland and it only lists that standard for dimensions without tolerances.i have been unable to find any specifics.
i have a copy of the spec at work. the -mk defines the tolerance classes used for different aspects. i think the m specifies a medium tolerance class for linear dimensions. in iso tolerancing, the size of the part effects the tolerance. a 25mm dimension on a part has a tighter tolerance than a 600mm dimension within the same class.
"wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."
ben loosli
sr is technologist
l-3 communications
looslib is correct; but the tolerances per iso 2786 also define the tolerances of angles and some gd&t's.
that standard has 2 parts. i recommend that you buy a copy of it and read it before you start to manufacture the parts.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-9-28 00:09 , Processed in 0.034745 second(s), 19 queries .