几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 732|回复: 0

2005 aisc spec - beam with cover plates

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-7 08:27:24 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
2005 aisc spec - beam with cover plates
when finding the capacity of a beam with cover plates welded to the flanges, j is needed to determine lr and fcr when lb > lr.
an approximate equation for j is: j = σ(1/3 b t3) of each component of the cross section.  for the flanges, is it common to consider the flange and cover plates as separate elements (thus having small t's) or is more typical to use the total built-up thickness for t?  this will make quite a difference since j varies with the cube of t of the components.
check out our whitepaper library.
that's a tough one, especially because you probably have intermittent welds.  i say separate, if you consider the plate in j at all.
agree with 271828.  i would consider it, however the approach would be to add the j of the beam and the plate together, not to use a larger t.  adding them together is slightly conservative, but not by much.  
for more information on a similar problem, see ellifritt & lue, aisc engineering journal, q2, 1998.  they look at calculated j and cw for a beam with a channel on it.  they proposed a simplified formula to account for the contributions of both together:
jtot = jbm+jchannel+bf*twc*tfl*(twc+tfl) where twc is the web thickness of the channel and tfl is the flange thickness of the beam.  
i would consider it reasonable to modify their approach to this problem which would yield:
jtot = jbm+jcoverpl+bf*tcp*tfl*(tcp+tfl) where tcp is the thickness of the coverplate and tfl is the thickness of the adjacent flange.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-9-27 23:13 , Processed in 0.036617 second(s), 19 queries .