几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 567|回复: 0

8x3 screw. pull out strength

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-7 09:00:03 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
#8x3 screw. pull out strength
does any body have a freeware or spread sheet per aci 318 to find out the pull out strength of #8 screw embedded 1.5" in the concrete. also what will be the diameter for #8 screw?
i made a very slick spreadsheet for app d.  it was intended for headed studs and anchor rods with nuts/plates, but can be used with anything if you give ase and abrg.  if you let me know that and the material strengths i can give you an answer.   
can you send me that slick spread sheet. you can upload here
sorry, i can't.
i made it for my company - it took about 60 hours to put together.  it does a full bolt group analysis (for eccentric loads), and even has a 40 page handout complete with examples.
if you post your info i can help you out.
actually that is also part of my question. i do  not know it's diameter etc.assume footing to be 12" wide continuous wall ftg.
going by the wood screw properties in nds the ase is 0.01347 in^2.  assume 36 ksi yield and 58 ksi tensile strength, the capacity would be 583#.  this assumes that you have 1.5" embed and the head is large enough to ensure pullout doesn't control.
i should say that is a factored load (i assumed that went without say since we're talking about aci 318, but just wanted to throw that out there).
one problem with trying to do this is that small screws like this can be made of anything.  unless it is a trusted and controlled source, i wouldn't like to depend on it as anything other than a nominal fixing.
i would think you can find this info from the manufacture.  specify titen screw for example.  titen is a simpson product that you can use through concrete.  it will give you minimum edge distance to make sure it follows appendix d.
never, but never question engineer's judgement
cross check with this sheet also by alex t. if i am involved in some problem as engineer, i will also like to dig in ...
sorry posted reply to wrong thread
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-9-27 23:11 , Processed in 0.094428 second(s), 19 queries .