几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 525|回复: 0

a holiday message

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-7 09:07:03 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
a holiday message
at this time of the year we should think of those who are more needy.  (see attached)
all thru the year.
have a great christmas!
please explain what the picture signifies as to needy.  workmen with van?
look at the bollards with respect to their van.
i was told they were contractors hired to install these barrier posts, and the photo was taken at the end of the day as they were cleaning up to go home.
"art without engineering is dreaming; engineering without art is calculating."
ahh, thanks for the explanation.  i knew i was missing something!
do you think there is not enough clearance between bollard number 2 and three for van to leave? (still missing the point of needy)
they "needy" more common sense.
"art without engineering is dreaming; engineering without art is calculating."
it's hard to tell from the photo- but looks like there is enough room between the bollards on this end to back out.
boy, engineers are tough to sell on a funny pic...surely they have a way to get out, but i think the point was that it looks like they did something real stupid. just to be a pointy headed engineer and ruin the funny pic, i pulled the pic into autocad and checked it out. it indeed likely will fit between the bollards behind them. i still think the pic is pretty funny. perhaps it's funnier to me because i'm still reminded of when i was young and my dad and myself were riding in his old beat up little datsun truck. we were trying to go between two posts and he asked me if we could make it on my side. i said, "sure". we added a new dent to the side of his little red truck that night and my dad no longer asked me such questions. the dent seemed to add to the other dents from when the parking break didn't hold and it rolled about 150' down a sizeable hill and somehow went perfectly between two large trees that were exactly spaced apart just as wide as the truck (except minus about 6 inches). ---ah, childhood memories...good stuff.
well, i'll bet this is easily sold. meant to share earlier.
merry christmas (or whatever!)
mike
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-9-27 23:11 , Processed in 0.036810 second(s), 19 queries .