找回密码
 注册
查看: 580|回复: 0

a really tall one in chicago

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-7 09:09:47 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
a really tall one in chicago
proposed 150 story tower in chicago:
re "digging a six-and-a-half-story hole at the mouth of the chicago river to make way for an underground garage and loading dock. experts say that would be the deepest lakefront building excavation in the city."
doesn't chicago have enough experience with flooded basements alongside the chicago river?!?
some people learn r-e-a-l slow.
mike halloran
pembroke pines, fl, usa
i like the part about pending city approval.  to me the building looks out of place with the rest of the sky line.  if i was on the approval commitee i would ask for a redesign more in keeping with the character of the city.
looks like it'd be out of place anywhere outside of disneyland
someone has to be first.
rarswc,
what is the character of the city? all the tall buildings in the photograph look different from each other anyway!
the first skyscraper would not have fitted the character of the city either.
with that barber pole striping, it would be chicago's version of the cape hatteras lighthouse!
when the john hancock center or the sears towers were built, they did not resemble the character of the city. but still, i  am dubious about this types of buildings projects. i think there's glory for engineers and architects doing much smaller and simpler buildings. and the nicest part is that it is only  them who really know about it.
a technical 2 cents, on the other side, is that, speaking of perimeter steel columns, the dark building that you see on the right side of the tower in question, has had problems with settlement.
and we mustn't forget that frank lloyd wright proposed a mile high skyscraper for chicago.
is this on the same site as the 1,360 ft. trump international hotel & tower proposed in 2005?
this story gives depth to the limestone bedrock as 110 feet. the earlier design involved drilling keyholes into bedrock & then filling 10 ft.-diameter shafts 80 feet long with 10,000 psi concrete to support a 10 ft thick concrete mat foundation 35 feet subgrade.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-9-29 05:19 , Processed in 0.037259 second(s), 19 queries .