几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 652|回复: 0

aashto standard specifications for highway bridges

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-7 09:24:56 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
aashto standard specifications for highway bridges
the structural design standards for the fall 2003 structural pe exam lists as a reference the aashto standard specifications for highway bridges, sixteenth edition, 1996, with interims through 2000.
i will gladly accept any help in finding a copy.  thanks in advance.
find a job or post a job opening
aashto manuals, especially with interims, are expensive and usually large.  it may be cheaper to borrow what you need from a highway engineer friend.
try aashto's web site for their publication catalog:
also see below link for 17th edition:
i am not familiar with this reference, as i perform building and foundation design, not bridges.
i may purchase the 17th edition (which is readily available) and take a risk.  for someone who is familiar with this reference:  were there significant changes between the 16th edition(with interims through 2000) and the 17th edition?
for the purpose of the exam, you won't be disappointed in using the 17th edition for the 16th.  the type of problems you'll encounter have less to do with the nuts and bolts that change with every interim and more to do with where you derive your loads, stresses and major requirements.
good luck
check the exam format, normally you can avoid all bridge questions choosing buildings. unless you want to be a bridge engineer! ($180 ?)
bstocks:  if i recall correctly, the most substantial change in the 16th edition concerned bolted splices (10.18), and was in the 1999 interim.  the commentary about the bolted splice revisions didn't appear until the 2000 interims (which i seem to remember as being delayed until late 2001).  i think you're fine using the 17th edition in place of the 16th editon with interims through 2000.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-9-21 08:58 , Processed in 0.035435 second(s), 19 queries .