几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 748|回复: 0

aci 318 appendix d 9again0

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-7 09:41:06 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
aci 318 appendix d (again)
was researching baseplate anchorages in ibc 2003 and noticed in section 1913 (anchorage to concrete - strength design) this sentence at the very end of the section -
"the strength design of anchors that are not within the scope of appendix d of aci 318, and as amended above (which is a paragraph that amends appendix d such that it would apply to bolts greater than 2" in diameter or embedded more than 25 inches), shall be in accordance with an approved procedure."
would this mean, if you are governed by ibc 2003, that you could use anchors not necessarily covered (approved) by appendix d (ie specialty inserts, through bolts, adhesive anchors, etc.) as long as you designed them using an "approved procedure" (whatever an approved procedure may be - i could not actually find that defined).
if so, it would help my situation considerably, however it would seem to be counterintuitive to the actual purpose of appendix d.
any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  
check out our whitepaper library.
usually when the ibc uses the phrase "approved" or "acceptable" they are referring to the authority having jurisdiction (ahj) ....i.e. the city inspection department.... giving approval for the use of the specific item.
this means you would have to approach the ahj and request an approval prior to integrating it in your design.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-7-1 10:41 , Processed in 0.030506 second(s), 19 queries .