几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 517|回复: 0

aci anchor checks

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-7 09:54:31 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
aci anchor checks
i use asd for my steel design, even with the new code.  i know how to use lrfd and am fairly comfortable with it if need be.  i have a question though with checking anchor bolts.  for a typical industrial structure bent frame (non-building) we typically have a light framed (conveyor) supported at elevation.  this gives us a typical wind load uplift at the base plate under dl - wl.  all other loadings aside (seismic, etc) what load combination are people actually using in the appendix d design method.  we used to design the anchors using asd based on the dl - wl case.  looking at the lrfd load combinations the only case that gives us the same (dl & wl) only is the 0.9dl - 1.6wl.  this is comparable to the 0.6dl - wl case and is more of a stability case.  it seems to me that this is really conservative when the anchor would have a fs = 1.67 using the asd method but more like 3.3 using the lrfd method.  it seems that their should be another case to use for design of anchorages.  maybe i am missing it so i would like to hear from others on their opinions of this.  what i have done (i know their will be plenty telling me how wrong this is) is take my dl - wl result, multiply it by 1.5, and then do the appendix d calculations.  this is comparable to the comparison on load factors and safety factors between lrfd and asd.  doing the calculations in this method gives me similar anchors and i feel like it is reasonable.  if this is completly wrong then i guess i have a lot of structures out their that are going to falling down in short order.
i look forward to your feedback.
i generally use asd loads also.  i think the 0.6d+1.0wl is not just a stability combination although i know a lot of folks look at it that way.  i apply it to the anchors.  i take (0.6xdl-1.0xwl) and then multiply by 1.5 to use appendix d.
i think when you use aisc asd,you must use 0.6 d.l+ 1.0 w.l
when using aisc lrfd,you must use 0.9 d.l+ 1.6 w.l
and the ratio of wind/dead is about 0.6 for the two codes.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-7-3 08:32 , Processed in 0.036617 second(s), 19 queries .