找回密码
 注册
查看: 469|回复: 0

aci-305 = 306 = 308 vs contractor

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-7 10:01:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
aci-305 + 306 + 308 vs contractor
atlanta, ga
in the se us we are now supposed to be taking the ibc and the schedule of special inspections seriously and the special inspector is now required to 鈥減eriodically鈥?inspect for the "maintenance of specified curing temperature and techniques".
this gives rise to the following:
concrete for columns, shearwalls, and other vertical elements is poured on one day and the formwork is stripped the following day.
true or false:
except for protection from freezing on the night immediately following concrete placement, vertical concrete elements are exempt from any and all of the concrete curing requirements found in aci 318, 305, 306, and 308.
check out our whitepaper library.
false.
hit or miss in ohio.  i get a lot of blank stares from architects when i do a plan review and ask for a statement of special inspections.  i typically get a call asking me what i am looking for.  the ser is not sure how far to go either.  
part of the problem, i think, is each jurisdiction probably has a different comfort level on what a field inspector can inspect, or how much information has been asked for in the past.  after a footing inspection, i am sure few asks for test reports on the concrete.  similarly, i doubt anyone is asking for the grout cube test reports for masonry construction.  for simple buildings, this is probably not a real concern, and for substantial projects, decent special inspections will be part of the project.
my experience in western states was positive since the ubc has had a lot of special inspection language in it.
don phillips
what is being done about enforcement of "special inspection code provisions in your neck of the woods"?
well i'm not at the upper levels of project management so i don't know what happens after all the various reports are turned in.
recently i have heard of some projects that could not get a co because they failed to get inspections.  they had to go back and get some one to bite off on their work.  it won't be me.  last winter/summer i inspected all the rebar/pt and concrete on a 4 story office building.  during construction the masonry started.  i re  
ok,  back to the question of curing vertical concrete members.  the code requires it.  clearly ibc-06, aci-318, and aci-308 require that all concrete elements be cured.
the contractor now claims that leaving the column forms in place for 1 to 3 days is all the curing that is required because the mix has been coming up to 70% at 7 days.  (not field cured strength test specimens mind you, just the regular lab cured cylinders.)
i'm reading 308 and i just do not understand what this guy is talking about.  what am i missing?
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-9-30 08:58 , Processed in 0.083479 second(s), 19 queries .