几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 542|回复: 0

acq preservative and galvanized vs. stainless stell

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-7 10:07:41 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
acq preservative and galvanized vs. stainless stell
i was looking at the simpson catalog on pg 11, and it recommends that all connectors be stainless steel, not galvanized,  if the wood in contact with the connectors has a preservative content of acq/mcq > 0.40 lb'ft3  ...

so my question is, for a project on the beachfront, should we anticipate the wood having an acq content this high?  how do i know what acq content the wood treater will use?  and what is the $ difference between galvanized and ss finish?

here's a good site to look at:
oh, and contact your local simpson supplier for quotes on the cost difference. if it's only a few connectors then it wont be much, otherwise it could get expensive.
treated wood can, and should be specified by the engineer, just like any other building material. for acq, typical levels of preservative retention are:
0.25 lb/ft^3 for above ground, non-structural use.
0.40 lb/ft^3 for either above ground structural members or ground contact for non-structural use.
we deal regularly with usp products and use their triple zinc coated products for use with acq treated lumber.  most treated deck lumber is 0.40 lb/ft^3 acq.  however, cca treatment is still used for treated glulams and marine grade lumber.  looking in the usp retail price guide available on their website, an 18 gauge, 2x10 joist hanger in triple zinc is $1.46, in their gold coat (2x as resistant as triple zinc) is $2.95, and in stainless steel is $11.03.  as someone already said, in a marine environment, you should probably go with stainless steel, however, the problem you'll face is that only a small portion of the metal connectors available from usp and simpson are available as stainless steel.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-7-3 08:35 , Processed in 0.035009 second(s), 19 queries .