找回密码
 注册
查看: 809|回复: 0

adapt pt design philosophy

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-7 10:09:45 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
adapt pt design philosophy
hello,
i need help designing a pt two-way beam-slab system.
1)  what is the design philosophy of adapt pt?  could i design the t-beams (input beam and appropriate tributary width) and use the appropriate number of tendons designated in the execute/recycle loop and place all those tendons only in the beam?
what about slab tendons?  could i design the slab tendons only taking a 12 inch trib width (most extreme condition) and design the tendons based on the kips per linear foot output?
2)  i modeled my structure in adapt builder.  while i could just click on a support line and use the integrated adapt pt (i am using adapt pt 7.20) feature to design the tendons that way, how does the program differentiate between slab tendons and beam tendons.  i could use effective heights but is this really representative of beam and slab tendons within a trib width?  in the banded direction, how would i go about doing this (differentiating between banded slab tendons and tendons in beams in the banded direction)?
thanks
i've used adapt before and also had difficulty understanding it.  it's difficult to model with it.  i had a 2way pt slab cantilevering out 14 from one side of the building and there was no option of cantilevered design in adapt.  i was thinking about buying a book and studying up on the subject.
well, i figured it out and it does have options for cantilevers.  i'm using v6.15 and i have options for cantilevers.  
bertiskorny
i think you need to give us more detail if you want answers to your questions.
in 1, are you talking about tendons in a beams and parallel "distribution" tendons in the slab.
in 2, what type of floor slab are you trying to model? how do you have banded tendons and beams in the same direction?
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-7-3 07:44 , Processed in 0.035787 second(s), 19 queries .