几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 690|回复: 0

air entrained concrete vs. non air entrained concrete

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-7 10:24:32 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
air entrained concrete vs. non air entrained concrete
we specified 3500 psi non-air entrained concrete at slab on grade for a commercial project, and the gc poured 3500 psi air entrained concrete. does it make a difference? i would appreciate your input.

air entrained is more durable where there is freeze thaw conditions
for a situation where it is subject to heavy traffic i would say the non-air entrained would be bettter suited for durability.  the air entrained concrete is better for freeze-thaw condition, not traffic.  for heavy traffic, higher density is better (i.e. non air entrained).
cvg, do you mean we can use air entrained concrete under normal conditions as well when the concrete is not exposed to freezing and thawing or deicing chemicals?
structuraleit, however, as long as the compressive strength of the concrete is same, does it matter if you use air entrained concrete in lieu of non air entrained concrete?
agree with cvg.  
frv-
if this is an interior slab, why is weathering protection a consideration?
i would think that the traffic of the machinery would be much more of a consideration for the durability of this slab than weathering, no?
i don't believe we know if the slab is interior or exterior.
air entrained concrete is required by the state dot (arizona) for highway pavement and other structures where freeze thaw is of concern.  it is not required in other areas, but is still allowed.  there are no other requirements for durability of the concrete pavement due to heavy traffic loading.
i assumed commercial project meant inside, maybe not.  there aren't too many commercial structures that are uncovered, are there?
dcredskins-
is this slab interior or exterior?

structuraleit-
weathering isn't isn't a consideration. he just got it for free. i guess it's kind of like getting a free furnace here in texas. except you can't ebay air entrainment!
structuraleit, it is inside.
frv, the compressive strength of used air entrained concrete is same as originally specified non air entrained concrete.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-7-5 13:06 , Processed in 0.036223 second(s), 19 queries .