几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 671|回复: 0

airplane hangar enclosed or partially enclosed

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-7 10:26:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
airplane hangar: enclosed or partially enclosed??
hello all,
i am trying to find opinions on the age old question of whether an aircraft hangar is to be designed as enclosed or partially enclosed. my take is that it is an enclosed structure because the hangar doors are not permanent openings. some engineers believe it is partially enclosed all the time.
does anyone have any idea if there is any specific direction given in any of the codes? please give actual reference section if known.
thanks you.
js.
check out our whitepaper library.
smithj
i agree with your logic, a door regardless of size is not a permanent opening. in terms of percentage of opening, it is no different than a residential garage door. i'm not aware of any codes that address this issue, just my two cents worth.
do you have a copy of the asce 7-02? section 6.2 (definitions) gives the criteria for a partially enclosed building.  as i interpret the commentary, all buildings are considered enclosed unless meeting the definition for partially enclosed.
this was a similar discussion...
thanks for the link mike.
in that post, the wall in question was permanently open (unsheeted) so it met the requirements for the 2 tests. in this case, it is a hangar with an operable door. if we say that a hangar is partially enclosed, then how would we treat a 100' square building that had (5) 3'x7' doors on one wall and no openings on all other walls? enclosed or partially enclosed????
thanks,
js.
i've designed a few 747 hangars and treat them as closed structures... else wind ressures on all components, in particular the hangar doors.
also stipulate that in the event of a impending windstorm that the doors be sealed...
dik
from what i have seen at westover af base all hangers appear to have closed doors.  if planes are too big for the hangers and their tails stick out of the doors specially design covers will seal up openings between planes and doorways.  for heat transfer calculations obviously air infiltration is high and is of the order of not less than 12 air changes per hour which consumes serious btu's for these hangers.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-10-3 01:41 , Processed in 0.035916 second(s), 19 queries .