几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 620|回复: 0

aisc - seismic design manual

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-7 10:27:17 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
aisc - seismic design manual
buildings that our firm typically designs fall under the seismic design category a or b.  i will be taking the structural ii exam this year.  one of the code references used for this examination is the seismic design manual.  because it is not typically required for our projects is it worth investing in this manual or should i borrow it for someone else for use during the examination?
always borrow before buying - goes for more than just books
i assume you always you an r value of 3 then?  unless you always use r=3 (for steel not detailed for seismic) you need to use the seismic design manual, regardless of the design category.
based on asce7, certian design categories, will not permit an r=3.  (there is no limit for a & b categories, so you could always use an r=3).  i still think this is an essential reference.   
i believe the entire manual is available for download.
i was in the same boat last fall when i took the seii. my main concern was not that i had the manual but if i know how to use it!
i don't think the entire manual can be downloaded (it is for purchase) but the seismic specifications can be downloaded free here:
hey jae
the second item down in your link (after the spec) is the complete seismic provisions for structural steel buildings (ansi/aisc 341-05). 330 page free download. that's what i assumed h57 was asking for but maybe i was mistaken.   
jlnj - yes, that is the specification (or "provisions")...not the manual itself.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-7-5 12:09 , Processed in 0.079828 second(s), 19 queries .