几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 622|回复: 0

aisc 13th manual

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-7 10:29:42 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
aisc 13th manual
i just received my two copies of the aisc 13th manual. it has impressive cover adorned with gold text. it contains lrfd and asd in one volume. it also has a cd rom full of goodies such as shapes data base and design examples volume.
it also has load tables for steel checkered plates for various spans!! i think this is a welcome addition.
i am still going through it so i can become familiar with the layout.
over all, i want to applaud aisc for a job well done. the manual is not cheap if you are not aisc member ($350.00). but the way i think about it is that i am buying two volumes!
regards,
lutfi

lutfi - i've had mine for about a month - scanned through it and it looks impressive.  i'll just be curious to see how many errata there are...usually with first editions there are sometimes a large quantity.  
the problem is...you spend so much money on it and then it sits around for a while as there are few cities which are quick to adopt the new ibc codes that reference this edition.
i thought exactly the same. i got one of the last lrfd 3rd and it is full of revision notes and dates.
it will be next year until my area is supposed to adopt ibc 2006. i would rather wait until i am technically supposed to be using it and hopefully by then some of the initial errors have been corrected.
jae, you bring good point about the errata. i guess we have to wait and see.
i bought the very first lrfd edition. i have been asm guy for years. even after graduate school i stuck with asd.
regards,
lutfi
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-7-5 12:14 , Processed in 0.083917 second(s), 19 queries .