几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 475|回复: 0

aisc manual

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-7 10:41:09 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
aisc manual
i used to use 9th edition aisc manual of steel construction. a few days ago, our office just bought a 13th edition. i went over it a few times. it seems to me that 9th is much handier. most importantly, 9th edition give many examples which explain manual very well. while the new one (new to me) almost does not have any example. does anybody share the same opinion with me? what is advantage to use new one if i use asd to do calculation?
if you do a search here on eng-tips you will find numerous threads about the new manual - specifically asd vs. lrfd, etc.
but since the 13th edition is both asd and lrfd, the question here is really why should i move on to the newer manual?
the specification within the 13th edition may be the required spec to use depending on your project's location.  when a jurisdiction adopts a building code, say the ibc 2006, that code dictates which steel spec is applicable (in the ibc 2006, you would technically be required to use the spec from the 13th edition since it directly references it.
going back to the 9th edition would be "incorrect" and again, technically, against the law.
that doesn't mean you can't keep the 9th edition and refer to it for examples.  just have to keep in mind that those examples may not be consistent with the governing specification and could be confusing.

my 13th edition came with a cd containing many good examples.
after you use the 13th ed. manual for a while, you'll see that it's tremendously better organized than the 89 one.  it's like anything else--we hate it until we get used to it.
thanks guys. i guess 271828 is right. i need to spend more time to be familiar with edition 13.
there are some parts of the aisc code that cover material not included in the canadian s16 code and i find it an excellent reference.
with respect to code reference for specifications or notes, i often include a reference, such as, "... in compliance with csa a23.1, except as noted herein..." and include more stringent requirements.
dik
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-10-3 01:39 , Processed in 0.036788 second(s), 19 queries .