几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 538|回复: 0

aisc slotted holes question

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-7 10:43:34 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
aisc slotted holes question
does anyone know if there is a rule that states you cannot slot the hole in the beam and slot the hole in the support angle or plate?  both slots would be horizontal.
i have a construction fix question and it doesn't allow time for fabricating a new connection.  welding is also difficult in this case - and even if i did weld it i still need some bolts for erection purposes.
i dont know about the double slotted holes, but i do know that the required edge distance increases.
read the last paragraph of j3.2 (it's on page 16.1-106).  it allows a long slotted hole in only one of the connected parts at a given faying surface.
this requirement doesnt' apply to short slots or oversized holes.  additionally, if the long slot is on the outer ply you need to provide a plate washer or continuous bar with standard holes that will completely cover the slot.
oh, and i did contact the solutions center but they haven't gotten back to me and i have a contractor breathing down my neck (of course).
if you have adequate edge distance (at the end of the member in both directions), i will make a very long slot hole in the outer   
the aisc specification (j3.2, page 16.1-59 in the 3rd edition lrfd manual) says that you can use short-slotted holes in any or all plies of a bearing or slip critical connection.
as mentioned above, long-slotted holes are only allowed in one ply.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-7-5 13:27 , Processed in 0.036917 second(s), 19 queries .