几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 644|回复: 0

allowable stress in bolts

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-7 11:07:04 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
allowable stress in bolts
i want to checked bolts in a capacitor bank structure for seismic and wind load cases. i use the ieee 693-1997 standard which refers to the aisc manual of steel construction asd. someone tells me to use allowable stresses of 0.17*f_tu in shear and 0.33*f_tu in tension which are supposed to came from the asd standard. that seams to be low compare to what i have found in asd. i would like to know if those values are used in practice and where i can find the factors 0.17 and 0.33. is the allowable stress in tension is reduced to take into account the shear stress??
i recommend you use either the asd code itself or a reliable asd reference for that.
for these asd practices i always have loved the reference
design of steel structures
gaylord, gaylord & stallmeyer
mc graw hill
in this i learnt a now a quite outdated way of accounting for the interaction between shear and tension in the bolt, which is just to reduce the allowable tensile stress, which to such purpose is expressed as a function of the extant shear stress. so you have the shear stress, calculate the allowable tensile stress, and compare your tensile stress to this one.
the interaction formulas are in table 8.1 and table 8.2 in p. 536 in the reference, where the allowable pure shear and tension stresses are also given.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-7-8 09:06 , Processed in 0.080060 second(s), 19 queries .