几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 601|回复: 0

aluminum beam connection

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-7 11:17:03 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
aluminum beam connection.
i need to design a decking system over a 12'x40' area (concrete) in a wwtp. the framing and decking must be aluminum with ss anchor bolts.
i am familiar with aisc connection design methods outlined in the design manual, but usually spec single pl. connection designed by fabricator anyway.
i am not very familiar with aluminum and i don't believe that a single pl. is the best option so i'm afraid i must design it. does anyone have any resources for aluminum connection design? could aisc methods potentially be used if al. material properties are substituted?
thanks

what type of connections are you talking about?
i was thinkning double angle with concrete anchors. want to avoid tig - skilled welders are few and far between here.
i originally thought you meant beam/girder, and girder/column connections, but the "anchor bolts" threw me.  welding aluminum reduces the allowable stress by a lot.  it's only for a few inches in the area of the weld, but it's a huge reduction.  don't weld aluminum if you don't have to.
right- thats why i want to use a bolted double angle connection instead of welded single pl. i guess i should have said 'bolted'. so there will be ss bolts through both angles and beam web and anchor bolts through both anchor bolts into conc wall.  
vteit...check the aluminum association's aluminum design manual.  it addresses both asd and lrfd, and connections under each.
adm 2005 is the latest version, but adm 2000 is easier to use.
i wrangled up a copy (2000) and it's just what i was looking for.
thanks ron!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-10-6 10:51 , Processed in 0.036422 second(s), 19 queries .