几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 478|回复: 0

aluminum hss sizes

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-7 11:20:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
aluminum hss sizes
does anyone know of sizes or where i could find available sizes of aluminum square hss sizes?  the publication i have is from the 80's and shows the largest size as a 3x3.  any information would be great.  thank you.
the aluminum design manual (adm) has square tube sizes up to 16 inches square and 1/2 inch wall thickness.
the two most recent versions are adm 2000 and adm 2005.  both have section properties for most commercially available aluminum shapes and sizes.
i would recommend you find out what prices and availability are found from providers in your area before getting too deep into the manual of "what's available nationally":  for example, there are only a limited number of steel product sources; and far far fewer sources of aluminum up here in n. ga.  anything can be ordered - but it takes much longer for special orders, freight charges are added to that, and basic stock prices are higher than for in-stock items.
for example, your "best" design might be 3-1/4 x 3-1/4 x 5/16; but an off-the-shelf 4x4x1/8 will likely be cheaper and faster to get.
i found a manufacturer, ryerson, that had a good stock book of all available aluminum shapes.  thanks for the input.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-10-6 11:00 , Processed in 0.037707 second(s), 19 queries .