几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 508|回复: 0

analysis of rc panel with thrust flange andor wheel loads

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-7 11:38:02 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
analysis of rc panel with thrust flange and/or wheel loads
i noticed a thread posted about the book called roark's formulas for stress and strain.  a couple of cases that it does not satisfactorily cover are:
1. a buried reinforced concrete valve pit for a pressurised water main, using the end walls to contain a structural flange fixed to the pipe taking the thrust from a closed valve.  roark does not have a case for a rectangular panel with three sides fixed and the top either free or fixed and a circular line load at the edge of a hole in the panel.
2. a pit or larger chamber (typically in my case, 4m in width or depth or length)with or without engaged piers, with or without beams, with or without columns supporting a roof slab fixed to the walls.  the loads are soil and water with or without a vehicular load.  my main concern is the design of the wall with a wheel load that can be adjacent to or some distance from it.  the shape and magnitude of the load resulting from the wheel load (in sectional elevation of the wall) is an inverted triangle with its maximum either at the top or some distance down the wall, depending on how close the wheel is to the wall.  at 90 degrees to the wall in elevation, the shape is trapezoidal, narrow at the top and wider with depth.  the magnitude of the pressure resulting from the wheel load is largest at the top and reducing with depth.
these are common design scenarios for me and i wonder whether anyone else has managed to calculate bending moments and shear forces that are not ultra-conservative due to the approximations required when using roarks as it currently stands, or in using some even more conservative approximations?  it would obviously be very helpful to me if the book covered them.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-10-6 10:50 , Processed in 0.171101 second(s), 19 queries .