几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 721|回复: 0

analysis of wall carrying longitudinal beams in a bridge

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-7 11:40:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
analysis of wall carrying longitudinal beams in a bridge
pls can anyone help with the analysis{fem, analytical model & test) and results from the stress analysis of a wall structure supporting longitudinal beams of a bridge.
basically your question is too ample, for it encompasses a lot of fem used for structural design.
however these structures can also be studied and analyzed in more classical and long-hand ways. in any case interesting hints about the thing you may find in
bridge substructure and foundation design
petros p. xanthakos
prentice hall, new jersey 1995
i live in nigeria and can't find that book in the market. pls could you assist with any helpful link on the web? i've actually written a program to calculate stresses in the wall and i need to compare this with either model test results or analytical/ classical methods. thanks
if this is a single pier wall and is not too tall, the analysis is really pretty simple.
in the longitudinal direction (with the girders) the wall acts like a cantilever and so max reactions (moments, shears and reactions) occur at the end.  in the transverse direction the wall acts as a shear wall to transfer load to the foundation.
for the longitudinal direction, beam-column action needs to be verified.
if the girder reactions aren't too high and are properly supported by bearing plates, the stresses in the wall due to girder reactions is also small.
i would add to what qshake says to not forget to check braking and rheological effects (temperature, shrinkage, creep etc) in appropriate way as pertain to the kind of support and restraint there. this mainly in order to see if the longitudinal forces so appearing may damage the superstructure or substructure, or make it less safe than it should.
if some longitudinal force appears at the supports this needs be combined in proper way with anything else acting on the wall. you will have local effects, such disengagement of a wedge of concrete, and general effects, where such force will add to the others and so to bending and shears. the local effects are efficiently dealt with strut and tie approaches, and the general ones on the the wall by portraiting the force atop.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-10-6 10:58 , Processed in 0.037293 second(s), 19 queries .