找回密码
 注册
查看: 389|回复: 0

ibc [international building code]

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-9 18:59:05 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
ibc [international building code]
i don't know where to put this.
in the ibc [and other building codes] there is a paragraph that directs the owner to procure a[n independant] testing and inspection agency when a structures that more complex that a residential dewlling is being build.
can anyone help me to locate that paragraph, please?
check out our whitepaper library.
section 1704.1 gives the requirement
have you checked out chapter 17?  i believe what you are looking for can be found there.
it does not directly specify the owner secure special inspectors, simply that the special inspection plan be submitted at the time of permit, which typically requires special inspectors for certain work and those inspectors be independent.  the owner, or agent, can secure these special inspectors.  chapter 17 is the right place to start looking.
don phillips
you may be required to submit a statement of special inspection indicating who does what and when.
around here they are starting to require these statements because recently a reinforced masonry wall (which was missing its specified reinforcement) fell over during construction. a special inspector may have caught this oversight.
i'm fairly certain special inspections are required. some areas simply neglect to enforce the special inspections. if i'm not mistaken, it is state law in most placed (at least in ga)...but again, they are not fully enforced. i would make sure to look in '06 ibc as there are substantial differences. i predict that if you're not familiar with them be now, you will should be since i believe much more stringent enforcement will arrive between yesterday and a few years from now depending on your location. special inspections can only help to low everyone's liability. besides, you'd be absolutely astounded at what gets covered up when no one is checking.
you are right that special inspections is not widely and uniformly enforced, except larger and more complicated structures.  when i was a building official and plans examiner, i would request a statement of special inspectors for new buildings (except conventional light frame)and invariably get a call from the architect/engineer asking what i wanted.  if the structural engineer of record is concerned about certain aspects of the project, i would expect those concerns be addressed in the statement.  
don phillips
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-9-27 20:50 , Processed in 0.035410 second(s), 19 queries .