几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 481|回复: 0

icc existing building code iebc 2009

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-9 19:01:09 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
icc existing building code iebc 2009
i am inspecting an existing 40 foot high brick building that is 85 years old on the verge of collapse. vertical cracks i found are 2 inches wide. njdca has its own rehab code however if during construction unsound or deficient elements are uncovered i must then structurally comply ibc 2006. construction is now about 70% done. for these repairs can i use the 2009 iebc that is now available. see the link below for its description. any tips will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.
it depends i think on the will of the acting authority; get them in writing if using 2009 where less conservative. it uses to happen that the one that gives the warrant is or unauthorized to do so, or simply nonaccountable when a problem arises.
it is usually a couple/few years after a code is revised before most jurisdications have adopted them.  i doubt 2009 iebc has been adopted many places yet.
bagman
take a look at the link below for the asce41-06 code. on page one it indicates that approval by ansi means that it can be referenced with no amendment by local codes required. iebc 2003, iebc 2006 and now 2009 is available. i think that the building offical would accept it in lieu of following ibc 2006 for a building that is 85 years old.
2 page link below for all state adopted icc codes.
if the building is, or qualifies for, a historic structure the iebc will help your client out.  the iebc is very leniant for historic buildings.  the 2009 iebc is very differant from past versions, the 09 code completely redefines "dangerous" and is way liberal.  it allows you to repair damaged areas with "materials and workmanship which existed prior to the damage". i don't like the changes but they are what they are.  
alpineengineer
as i read section 304.2.1 under repairs and evaluation the building must first be compliant for wind load and 75% of the seismic load. you are correct about "pre-damage state". the old building i am inspecting is on the verge of collapse. how was "dangerous" defined in iebc 2006. thanks.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-6-26 11:06 , Processed in 0.033991 second(s), 19 queries .