几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 357|回复: 0

industrial facilities

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-9 19:29:38 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
industrial facilities
asce held a seminar last week (may 15-16) on "structural design of industrial facilities" in los angeles.  i didn't go due to the high registration fee (over $1000).
does anyone know of a good reference book that covers a similar topic?  i am interested in train/bus maintenance buildings - steel construction.
find a job or post a job opening
try the aisc design guide:
thank you, jae.  it is a good place to start.  the cover has a picture of a bridge crane very similar to condition for my project.
bridge crane is one of many design items i have.  i have a light rail train coming into a building.  at the grade level, there are drop tables which transport trucks (single wheel assembly for a train) down to the basement level and turntables which rotate to transport the truck to the adjacent track.  there are many special situations where i am provided with a manufacturer supplied equipment with capacity (hoist, monorails, catenary wire supports, etc) and i haven't done enough industrial structures enough to know what typical load factors apply to certain conditions.  i've been designing more standard structures like offices, residential, commercial, schools, hospitals etc and almost none for industrial so i need to get educated on potential pitfalls and areas to watch for.  once i determine a proper design loading and where elements belong,  design should be pretty much the same...
perhaps there isn't a published book on this sort of structure, but i'd welcome any other suggestions.
cheers.
whyun - yes, that design guide is focused primarily on buildings with bridge cranes within.
thanks, jae.
not very expensive.  i will order a copy and check it out.  good day~
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-6-16 23:21 , Processed in 0.035349 second(s), 19 queries .