找回密码
 注册
查看: 697|回复: 0

【转帖】weld bead length tolerance

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-5-4 11:11:36 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
weld bead length tolerance
friends,
question about weld bead lengths when explictly called out on a print.
on a drawing we have utilizing an 1/8" fillet weld, which joins two pieces of 1/8" aluminum extrusion we also require the length of the bead to be 1/2".  what does aws or any other standard state about the length tolerance of the bead?  i was looking through some aws standards and couldn't find anything.
thanks,
mike
find a job or post a job opening
how could the aws or any other standards writing body - who has absolutely no idea of the design or application - have any idea how much variation any particular design can tolerate?
definition of tolerances of any dimension is a design engineering function, and as such must be done by the design engineer.
what is the minimum length that will provide the necessary strength?
the minimum length in this case would be 1/2".  should i explictly place a tolerance in the text field below the weld callout reference line?  i just assumed for typical welding as defined by the aws standards that had a defined length, there would be a standard tolerance.
-mike
i depends on the type of weld and design. if it's a minimum length, call out a minimum length. otherwise, design your parts around having certain welds.
chris
solidworks/pdmworks 08 2.0
autocad 06/08
mmolt: for what it's worth, check out
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 04:08 , Processed in 0.076855 second(s), 19 queries .