几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 705|回复: 0

【转帖】weld symbols on iso views

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-5-4 11:12:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
weld symbols on iso views
we have done a contract design of a large welded frame and it includes a set of frame weldment drawings (several hundred sheets) that use multile arbitraily oriented views (done is nx3) with more multiple detail views pulled out to show the welded joints in "close-up" and then the weld symbols are applied to these detail views. the shop loves it. however, our customer has told us that the weld symbols on "isometric views" violate ansi y14.100 drafting practices and has refused to accept our drawing package. does anyone have experience in this area and can anyone guide me to a standard the spells out what is and is not "legal" on a non-orthographic view? many thanks!
check out our whitepaper library.
i'm guessing y14.41 might allow it (never seen it) however, if you are relying primarily on 2d drafting y14.5 etc then i'm inclined to think your customer is correct but i can't think of a definite rule to reference.
i'd look at y14.100 and its references, especially 14.5 & 14.3.  maybe take a look at the weld symbol spec.
i asked a similar question before and never got a definitive answer.
no point in arguing with the customer.  much better to simply beat him at his own game.
just add a simple note:
"weld symbols in isometric views are for reference only."
thanks for your response. we are 3d, solid model only. as of late today, i had our standards guy order y14.4 so will see what that says. i will follow your suggestion and get 14.3 & 14.5, too. so far, i am at a complete loss to find anything written/definitive about non-ortho views with annotations or weld symbols. seems like the old drafting board mentaltiy is still around to haunt/limit us. thanks again!
mintjulep: i love it! your note goes here. thanks!
given the customers stance, saying they are for reference only will only work if they are given as 'non reference' in a traditional orthographic view.
by relying on 2d i mean the drawing is the master document, not the model or combination of model & drawing.  we use 3d cad however our drawing is the master and at present we stick to 14.5 and do not invoke 14.41.
should have been "are also given as 'non reference'...
i.e. in addition to the iso views.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 13:08 , Processed in 0.106332 second(s), 19 queries .