找回密码
 注册
查看: 1050|回复: 0

【转帖】welding specification in drawings

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-5-4 11:13:18 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
welding specification in drawings
hello,
for a tank design (2 tons of water, atmospheric pressure) i have to designate in a welding symbol a technical requirement for the welding seam to be done as waterproof. what is a common phrase, sentence to be used in this case?
thanks a lot.
add a reference to a field note, where you explain the requirements.  some words you could include in that note would include "leak tight" "pressure tight", or simply spell out that the vessel is to be leak tested with water at x.x pressure, and that any leakage is to be repaired by the weld shop.
pilgrim2,
i think the term you are looking for is "seal weld"  however, be aware that this does not constitute a structural weld, just a water tight seal.
jjf
just state it as a full fillet weld both sides, all round.
there is no need to state it as waterproof due to once it has been fully welded inside and out, it's highly unlikely to leak especially if there is no pressure inside the tank.
if you are the desginer/engineer of the project i suggest the following: i would use a flaged note in the tail of the weld. create a secondary document that is a weld procedure and give it a document number. in the note i instruct the welder to weld iaw the weld proccdure.
i assume that it was be gmaw. if so then your weld procedure should provide information about metal transfere mode(spray, globlar, or short circuit), wire size, wire type, wire feed, voltage and minium amps.
pilgrim2, i agree with templetonc.
call out a note referencing it's appropriate spec and a separate leak test note if needed.
templetonc, thanks for the link.
chris
sr. mechanical designer, cad
solidworks 05 sp3.1 / pdmworks 05
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 16:11 , Processed in 0.033874 second(s), 19 queries .