几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 1381|回复: 0

【转帖】what are the guidelines to create a new standard

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-5-4 11:13:59 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
what are the guidelines to create a new standard?
what are the guidelines to create a new standard?
hello engineers,
i am looking for a guideline to create a new drafting standard.
do you know how?
rules or guide to reach it correctly?
thanks
ruben davis
xzwhhl,
   why do you want to create a new standard?  is this an in-house standard, or an industry wide standard?
   i not just being difficult.  for some reason, you need a new standard.  presumably, you have a problem to solve.  this ought to drive whatever it is you are trying to do.
                    jhg
if you have a process that your company is currently doing and you would like to control this process, the first step is to see if an exisiting standard is available.
if the standard is available, purchase it, review it and if it  provides a benefit to your company, implement it.
if a standard does not exist, or an exisiting standard does not provide a benefit, try to see what others in your industry (competittors and vendors) are doing.  adopt what you consider to be helpful and make it a standard.
also, check this forums faq section.  currently there ar only 2 listed, but both provide good directions for you to follow.  
drawoh & madmango,
ok, i'm finding standard information about a drafting symbol, this is an old tooling symbol used by gm, but i do not know if they have a standard of it!
i was looking for at internet and old gm documentation, but does not found.

this one we actually still using to identify some dimensions that are involved only for tooling purposes and does not have relationship with the drawing part or functionality.
the symbol is a triangle with a half part hatched.
in the general notes, we posting the note "for tooling purposses only" and to id this use the triangle half hatched symbol and matched with the dimension that is involved.

why do you want to create a new standard?  is this an in-house standard, or an industry wide standard?
good question,
"if the standard is available, purchase it, review it and if it provides a benefit to your company, implement it."
do you know if exist this symbol or someone similar as drafting standard?
rd
sounds like you have a standard - a symbol on your drawing  is refererenced in the drawing notes with the explanation.  no problem.  many companies have internal standards for drawing callouts; "flag" notes to identify parts/assemblies controlled by a process spec., symbols to identify surfaces that interface to other parts or otherwise identify critical features (to the company).  define these on the print for best readability, otherwise you need to send a copy of your "standard" to every user (internal and external).
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 06:06 , Processed in 0.034619 second(s), 19 queries .