几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 1052|回复: 0

how do u apply six sigma into your work

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-5 20:56:53 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
how do u apply six sigma into your work?
hi guys,
jus a little background. i belong to the pioneer group of folks in my department to be trained in six sigma. my main focus is still to work as a mechanical engineering researcher. doing statistic work is my secondary appointment.
i have already gotten my green belt and would like to hear from u folks how that u have put this knowledge into good use in your context. i am very excited ever since i got into this training path. for onces, there is set of organized tools(much of which thru.. we are already aware ..prior to any six sigma training) to help engineers communicate effectively with management..
check out our whitepaper library.
six sigma factor helps you to determin the cp or cpk quality index of your process step under scope.if you measure some property as a quality indicator it's difference from an average value  will very probably follow gaussian distribution. now you can visualize, what proportion of your bell-like curve will (which will be far from a bell  like form if you do not plot many points)fall between the upper and the lower specification limit. the higher proportion of the differences from an average value falls inside upper and lower limits the better is your cp. not to go too far you can extend the concept involving allowable tolerances and the target value instead of an average value.now you measure differences from the target value and you check how your approximation to a bell like curve lies within tolerances.
m777182
alex is talking about six sigma (tm), not 6 standard deviations!
cheers
greg locock
just for information, take a look at:
greg,
how do you differentiate six sigma? from statistical analysis using ±6σ, where σ is the standard deviation?  sure, there is process shift, etc., but the six sigma? mantra is derived from simple analysis of normal distributions.
regards,
cory
six sigmatm is a methodology for solving problems, while six sigma is a quantifiable value that is defined by the process that you are observing.
sorry for misunderstanding the term six sigma鈩?
m777182
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 19:40 , Processed in 0.035155 second(s), 19 queries .