几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 620|回复: 0

cleaning flux from stainless welds

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-5 22:30:02 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
cleaning flux from stainless welds
i have had good success welding stainless with oxy-acetylene technique using high temperature flux all around the weld site, but the flux around the weld remains as a tight black fluoride "glass" coating that is unsightly and a real bear to remove with such techniques as wire brushing. is there a safe, effective chemical approach to cleanup of this type of material?
the metals used are types 304 and 316 (sometimes 304 welded to 316), welded with type 308 filler rod. the weld zones are coated front and back with flux (powder suspended in water) and allowed to dry before mounting and welding. also, i heat the filler rod end and dip it into the flux powder to keep it coated during welding. slightly carburizing flame is maintained, to avoid oxygen impregnation.
any suggestions appreciated. please note that this is a "one man shop" with limited resources, not a modern production facility.
- larry cottrill
mcmaster-carr has some stainless steel cleaners that i hear work pretty well.
rysep -
thanks -- i'll check that out. after a while, i wasn't sure anyone would ever answer that post! not many out there are gas welding stainless (and i don't do much -- this is basically miniature pulsejet development; small stuff, but slow work).
larry cottrill
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 12:36 , Processed in 0.036583 second(s), 19 queries .