几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 963|回复: 0

hi torque slots

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-5 22:56:09 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
hi torque slots
hi everyone. i’m new to this forum so i hope someone can help. i currently work for a company that machine hi-torque slots in the head of aircraft screws. currently we use a dividing head, on a cnc miller to hold the screw whilst the cutter plunges into the head of the screw to the required depth. when this depth is achieved the dividing head rotates 7° clockwise then 7° anti-clockwise, the sides of the cutter are dovetailed so the sides of the slot become undercut to prevent cam-out of the screw driver. this set-up is quite over-kill for the job that we are doing, can any one suggest a simpler method? any suggestions at all would be gratefully received.
andrew.
eng-tips forums is member supported.
i found a set of drivers for sale on ebay, with pictures.  there is clearly a standard for the driver geometry, and the slot geometry, so you can't just arbitrarily change the geometry of the slot.
right off the top of my head, i can't think of another way to generate what i think is the required geometry.  
maybe your cutting tool supplier can suggest machine settings that will speed up the existing operation.  
mike halloran
pembroke pines, fl, usa
hi mike. thanks for the reply. you're quite correct there is a standard for the slot. what i'm looking for is  faster way to machine the slot, currently we load and un-load each bolt into the dividing head by hand and slot one bolt at a time, it takes around 25 seconds per bolt. i've looked into a robotic loader but the cost of £40k was prohibitive. i was hoping for some kind of hopper feed device that would maybe machine two slots at once?
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-8 03:30 , Processed in 0.035941 second(s), 19 queries .