找回密码
 注册
查看: 796|回复: 0

rose bearings

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-5 23:35:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
rose bearings
hi
anyone know of a supplier in the uk for aircraft standard rose bearings (rod ends) ?
thanks
rich
i was actually after if anyone knows of anyone they regulary use that carry stock, so far i am getting lead times of 6 months with large min order quantities.
thanks
rich
barmyarmy... bad-news...join the crowd...
the a real problem you are seeing is a worldwide shortage of aerospace quality raw material and hardware... and incredibly long lead-times for new parts/materials.
i work for a fairly large aerospace company, on an "aging" aircraft. we are specifying/buying large quantities of fasteners, replacement hardware items and raw-materials for replacement part hogouts. due to certain dod requirements we also have a mandated "buy-american" requirement [overseas sources for fabricated items are almost unacceptable, except under limited circumstances]. talking with our purchasing agents the following trend is very real...
>>>common hardware items [bolts, nuts, bearings, etc] lead-times are now 6鈥?鈥攗p-to-24 months [worse case for exotic parts/alloys]. also the unit-costs have doubled, and in some cases tripled, over the previous year鈥?and [substantial] minimum purchases are now in effect.
>>>raw material lead times [aluminum, steel, titanium, etc] are now 12-to-18-to-24 months... or worse for limited orders.  raw aluminum prices have gone-up at least 150%... and vhs la steel [300m, 4340m, 4330m, etc] prices have doubled鈥攐r鈥攖ripled... and titanium alloy costs have risen almost 400% in one year. obviously what affects us also affects our hardware or processor-vendors...
i understand that china and india are now purchasing raw metallic materials, and oil, at a voracious rate to feed their developing economies... so much so that ore-producers, refiners and suppliers are hard pressed to keep-up with the world-wide-demand. as such the aerospace world is feeling a pinch, due to 鈥渞elatively small鈥?purchase quantities of "highly specialized materials".
on-the-other-hand鈥?a report by aia confirmed that boeing and airbus are putting a real strain on composite materials producers... and that non-aerospace fabricators鈥?especially sporting-goods fabricators are seeing sources dry-up and prices soar. expect typical items such as graphite-epoxy golf-club shafts or bike frames to double or triple in cost in the next couple of years鈥?and that includes the $$$s for exotic cres or ti alloys for fittings and attachments!!!!
good-luck finding hardware sources that aren鈥檛 being sucked-dry鈥?especially for specialty parts/items.
regards, wil taylor
try
las aerospace
tel : 44 01837 658 081
not only is it hardware but subassembly components.  i worked on a project developing a lubrication system for an apu on the jsf.  we were buying a critical part from dunlop fluid systems in the uk.  they jerked us around on part quality, delivery, and price.  their reasoning was there resources were diverted to a uk troop transport cargo plane. wtf!  i guess a purchasing contract means nothing to some companies
best regards,
heckler
sr. mechanical engineer
sw2005 sp 5.0 & pro/e 2001
dell precision 370
p4 3.6 ghz, 1gb ram
xp pro sp2.0
nvidia quadro fx 1400
      o
  _`\(,_
(_)/ (_)
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 07:26 , Processed in 0.036057 second(s), 19 queries .