几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 850|回复: 0

3d structural analysis software that works well with autocad

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-7 08:43:14 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
3d structural analysis software that works well with autocad
does anyone have any recommendations for a good 3d structural analysis software that works within or with autocad?  i am part of a small growing civil/structural firm that is looking to purchase such a software and just would like to hear form those with some experience with some of the design/analyis packages out there.
thanks,
civilroo
check out our whitepaper library.
ram structural system
civilroo,
as this is an international forum, it may be best to confirm which country you are in.
csd
per csd72's suggestion, i am an engineer working in the southeastern united states.
we are looking at versaframe by digital canal and possibly ram structural system.
if you have any comments on either of these please share them.
we are a small, two engineer firm and may have to stick to a low budget software with the most practical bang we can get.

thanks,
civilroo
i would go for staad, but from the sounds of it staad is most likely over your budget.
civilroo,
i have experience with ram structural system, risa 3d, and staad.  if you are designing buildings then ram is the way to go.  i have demo'd risa floor and found it is similar to ram ss.  you can import cad files to ram and you can export model to dxf to create cad files.  they now have cad studio which is a two way directional link between ram and cad.  i am about to purchase it for my new firm.
risa is trying to catch up to ram and it now has risa floor (which links to risa 3d for lateral design), risa foundation, risa footing, risa base.  i use risa 3d everyday for finite analysis.  it is not good for buildings, if that is your bread and butter.
staad is a finite analysis program.  powerful but still not the best bet for buildings.
if you are designing buildings (diaphrams) then ram or risa is the way to go.  if you are desiging industrial buildings and open structures (horizontal braces and girts instead of diaphrams) then risa 3d, ram advanse, or staad are good.
i'm choosing ram for my firm.
i find ram great for commercial buildings (static loads, etc.)  but not for industrial (moving loads, girts, etc.). we use risa for industrial buildings.
check out the proposed future plans of the software company - i'm not a total expert on this but i do know that ram is currently owned by bentley - which isn't a part of autodesk (autocadd).  risa is tied in with translating between revit and their own products.  i think ram can do this to a limited extent but not sure.
you might try contacting the cadd company which supplies your cadd software to see what their take is on this.
i've used both ram and risa - both good.
i used staad many years ago without much fondness of memory.  however things do change don't they?
personally i’m a big fan of visual analysis.  there’re customer support has always been very helpful in finding my errors and quick to correct theirs.  i know that va supports dxf file import export feature and currently they are working on a new revit link (
robot (robobat) has a revit link.
jeff
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-24 14:51 , Processed in 0.036325 second(s), 19 queries .