几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 771|回复: 0

a question regarding usa 1975 snow load cases

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-7 09:09:06 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
a question regarding usa 1975 snow load cases...
a "pre-eng" steel building was designed in 1975.  the national building code of canada indicates the snow load cases that need to be considered.  the designer of the building was in the u.s. at the time.  is there a possibility that anyone might be able to help me in determining what snow load cases (including unbalanced loading) were required to be considered at that time ? (i.e. 1975 u.s. code).
i am not refering to specific snow load values here ...all i need to know is was the unbalanced snow load to be 100% load on one roof section and 50% on the remainder?
does it depend on the state ?  
thanks once again,
cva1993
anyone ?
(my apologies for posting the question....i just thought that at least one person may be able to help me...)
thanks ,
cva1993
the 1973 uniform building code has no requirements for the actual value of snow loads as it was usually left up to the governing agency to set.  there's only a small section in the code about snow.  the first sentence reads:
  snow loads full or unbalanced shall be considered in place of loads set forth in table no. 23-b, where such loading will result in larger   
thank you jae...
cva1993
you might also try contacting the building manufacturer. i've had pretty good luck with three different manufacturer's engineering departments when requesting information on older buildings.  the more info. you can give them like the date of construction, job number (sometimes this is marked on the frames), contractor's name etc. the easier it is for them to find the info.
if the specific job is not available, they usually would know the codes.
hehehhe......here's where the fun starts !
the building manufacturer is still active in manufacturing pre-eng. buildings, but is not returning our calls.  i think they've clued in that our questioning of the original design may fault them........
why the building is currently under review is a long story...i'd rather focus on the unbalanced snow load requirements at the time.
but thanks for the suggestion anyway...
cva1993
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-9-29 07:02 , Processed in 0.034077 second(s), 19 queries .