几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 587|回复: 0

allowable stresses for a320 ss bolts

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-7 11:09:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
allowable stresses for a320 ss bolts?
i am looking confirmation for my calculation of the allowable stresses for astm a320, grade b8 stainless steel bolts.  i think i have figures out that astm a320, grade b8 is similar to uns deisngation 304 for stainless steel.
from that, i went into the asce 8-02 publication,  "specification for the design of cold-formed stainless steel structural members." in there, they list the safety factor for bolts of 3.  table 6 gives nominal shear and tensile stresses.  using these, i came up with the following:
ft = 56 ksi / 3 = 18.0 ksi
fv = 45 ksi / 3 = 15.0 ksi (no threads in shear plane)
fv = 33.7 ksi / 3 = 11.2 ksi (threads in shear plane)
can anyone out there with any stainless steel bolt experience confirm these numbers for me?  thanks.
check out our whitepaper library.
hi broekie,
hth
regards
vod
if astm a320 is like astm f593 then it should give you strengths for various alloys and conditions.  for instance astm f593c is 304 cold-finished stainless steel of a certain size range. i'm going from memory so don't quote me on that. for some reason stainless steel bolts seemed to be steeped in mystery.  for years i would ask vendors questions about strength and i could tell from the way they answered that they really weren't sure what they were talking about.
anyway, your numbers seem to be in the ball park from what i've seen.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-10-4 18:08 , Processed in 0.113403 second(s), 19 queries .