几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 525|回复: 0

wind speed to force conversion

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-16 22:20:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
wind speed to force conversion
how do i convert a wind speed(m/sec)into a force(n) in order to estimate the loading on a roof mounted structure?
you need to convert the velocity head (v^2/2g) to pressure head p/w.  then use that pressure to calculate a force.  most building codes will have a table to do this conversion for you.  search the code you're using to see if it there.
good luck
be very careful!! most building codes do not use the straight velocity pressure to design building components. there are several layers of safety factors that can amplify the required load up to several times the straight velocity pressure. this is especially true for small areas. in addition, mechanical equipment is designed for a components and cladding load. this is higher then that required for the main wind force resisting system of the building you should read the building and code and understand the requirements for components and cladding
tfl is 100% correct. there are many factors that you must implement in the formula to arrive at a wind force to use in designing structures.
i recommend that you get a copy of the asce 7-02 and do some reading.
i live in florida and wind is major consideration in our design and it is a complex force since the code does not cover every possible aspect of real life situation.
good luck
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-21 05:43 , Processed in 0.035641 second(s), 20 queries .