找回密码
 注册
查看: 558|回复: 0

window cleaning roof anchors

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-16 22:26:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
window cleaning roof anchors.
hi,
if anybody is familiar with testing methods for existing roof anchors for window cleaning/suspended platforms aka swing stages and bosun chairs, i would like to discuss a few things.  thanks.
steve111,
we here at nasa/msfc recently went through some hoops about this subject.  we finally decided that the suspect anchors were more easily replaced with new and trustworthy anchors than tested and "certified."  the existing ones were often corroded, and their capacities were suspect.  we decided in the end that the labor to test was almost as much as the labor to replace, and now we have new anchors that we feel we can trust.  i will be interested in following this thread to see what other comments pop up.
good luck,
david
good idea if corrosion is evident.  there are a lot of types of 'roof anchors'.  comments on testing of existing installed anchors is of interest to us, ie. procedures, test loads, criteria for acceptance or rejection.
typically pre-fabricated window washing anchors are tested in shop by the vendor.
anchors are tested to twice their rated working load. (ie. if the anchors working load is 1000 lbs, test to 2000 lbs).  check the the ansi standard ansi z359.1 for details on testing.
hi steve111
though this may not apply to existing anchors, here goes.
fairly recently (ten years or so) these anchors received a lot of attention in ontario, canada.  i believe some tragedies required a closer look at the approvals and cerification of such anchors.  i believe they fall under a separate category outside the building code.  if anyone knows of where steve111 can find these new regulations, i'm sure he will appreciate it.
sorry i can't be of more help.
regards
vod
in the u.s.
here are two references that apply to window washing anchors:
osha (i.e. 1910.66, 1910.66 appendix c, etc...)
ansi/iwca i-14.1
local and state regulations
there are numerous standards and other osha regualtions that are refernced in these documents as well.  the ansi/iwca i-14.1 is a good starting point.
one area of code written to address these issues is called "fall protection". i think osha has rules for this as well as local enforcement.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-21 05:43 , Processed in 0.034153 second(s), 19 queries .