几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 633|回复: 0

wood post on floor sheathing

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-16 23:05:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
wood post on floor sheathing
i have a situation in a 2-story existing building where i am installing posts in (4) locations.  the posts will start at the first floor and extend to the roof.  at the first floor are existing masonry piers with a 7 5/8" wide wood girder bearing on it and i am adding a 5 1/4" lvl to each side.  2x12's stack on top of the girders, and 3/4" sheathing on top of the 2x12's.  the 6x6 post is going to bear on the 3/4" sheathing.
i have searched through simpson's catalog and online but can't find a connector for this condition.  
has anyone else encountered this?  how have you handled it?  the post is taking gravity load only, no lateral.
in addition to the connection, i am a little concerned about sheathing having to span 2x12's with this post load on it.
any suggestions would be appreciated, but i don't think i can extend the post through the sheathing to bear on the girders.
what about an upside-down fabricated tee? it can be screwed down to beams through the sheathing and the column is slotted to take the vertical leg, with through bolts.
i didn't understand the role of the 2x12's, and how the sheathing spans them, are you talking about floor joists? is so solid blocking should be used to ensure a direct load path to the beam.
is there uplift?
so this post is on the top of the wood girder right? you need to put a blocking between the plywood and the girder if you were to stop the post at the top of plywood.  so i think you should end nail the post then put blocking in joist space.
you do not need a simpson connector unless you need to raize the bottom of column to avoid water (for exterior use) or if you have lateral or uplift.
us a simpson bolted post connection but with lag screws instead of anchor bolts.
check the axial capacity of the connector in the simpson catalogue.
all you need is "squash blocking" under the sheathing and above the beam.  you can't just set the post on the sheathing.
daveatkins
thank you all for your input.  i am going to put a column cap upside down on the post and bear it on the blocking between the 2x12 joists.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 01:24 , Processed in 0.035965 second(s), 19 queries .