几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 580|回复: 0

wood shear wall

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-16 23:08:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
wood shear wall
i am designing a small (17' x 13') one-story wood framed addition to an existing concrete building.  the new addition frames into the existing building along one wall.  the existing building's foundation system cannot handle the extra load from this new addition.  there is quite a bit of extra snow load.  therefore, i basically designed this new addition as a separate structure.  does anyone see a problem with only having one shear wall in one direction as long as i take into account the extra torsion that is induced? if it is an issue, how do you detail a connection into the existing concrete that doesn't transfer any gravity but only shear?  can you do horizontally slotted holes in wood??  can anyone think of any issues that i haven't even thought of yet?  thanks for the help!
check out our whitepaper library.
i would see no problem using a shearwall on (3) sides as long as the torsion is taken into account.  we have done many buildings with concrete shearwalls on (3) sides.  
i would think you could use a vertical slotted hole to ensure no gravity load is transferred but still tansfer horizontal shear.
oops.  sorry, i meant to type vertically slotted holes, not horizontal.  thanks for catching that.
i have done many three sided roof diaphragms, as you describe.  i think that is the right answer for your problem.
daveatkins
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 19:20 , Processed in 0.033280 second(s), 19 queries .