几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 628|回复: 0

world trade center original drawings

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-16 23:32:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
world trade center original drawings
can someone help me out in trying to obtain the original construction documents to the world trade center towers and possibly wtc7?  i tried a search for this topic but didn't show anything.  thanks in advance.

why do you need them?  just curious.
i don't need them per say.  i'm studying for the p.e. exam and i thought it would be something that could keep me interested and educated at the same time.  i mean no offense to anyone that lost loved ones that day.  should i ask the port authority for copies or nist?  would they even give them out?
i doubt that you would be able to easily get them.  my son did a project in high school building a scale model of a 40 story building in our city.  i knew the structural engineer personally, but he couldn't provide them due to security concerns, etc.  the fact that the wtc no longer exists may eliminate the security issue here, though.
security and legalities will prevent you from getting them. i would be very surprised if anyone in the public domain could ever get a copy of the actual plans. it has become a subject of way too many lawsuits. try asce who investigated the fires and the melting of the steel structure, the engineering news record magazine or the many books written on the wtc buildings themselves. i got them myself from barnes and noble.
interesting exchange!  if some one calls my office and asks for copies of any structural plans for any of our designs, we simply would not blindly give them up. we would check and request permission from the owner.
i suggest that you get your hands on a copy of the wtc report that was published by asce. it has great information and it is available to the public.
this is my two cents worth.
regards,
lutfi
thanks for the advice everyone.  i'll take a look at what asce has to say.
mac-  fyi copies of a portion of the original construction docs (floor plans and sections)for the wtc were displayed in public in an outdoor exhibition in nyc about five or six months after the attacks.  sorry i don't re  
the structural portion of the design drawings were also part of a buildings exhibit at the moma (museum of modern art) in new york city about 2 years ago. they were in book form and had all the floor plans and elevations with all structural   
thanks sam and eddy.  i'll look into these.  any idea what this book was called by any chance?  i'll do a google and if i find out what the book was called, i'll post it here.  again, thanks.
macmerdin,
it was a homemade type binding (acco style) and not something that is available in published form (at least at the time that i saw it). it was put out on a table for review by the museum patrons.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 04:43 , Processed in 0.035462 second(s), 19 queries .