几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 637|回复: 0

writing specifications

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-16 23:34:48 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
writing specifications
it appears that specifications in general are written in a format commonly accepted in our practice. for example, i keep an old file with excerpts from specifications for structural steel, testing laboratory services, concrete reinforcement, concrete, and metal fabrications. each of these specs begin with a section number (03000 for concrete, for example) which implys there is a master number sequence for all the disiplines.
does anybody know this number sequence? or perhaps you can direct me to someone who knows this number sequence?
thanks for your time.
check out our whitepaper library.
i hope this link to the construction specifications institute give you the information you are looking for.
specsintact are developed and used by many government agencies. they provide free editor and free masters. al lof this can be found at
lufti -  - on the need to tailor the specficiations for the job at hand.  i hate seeing specs that are "masters" and most of the spec is not applicable to the job at hand or editing has made a mess of it all.
for specifications for common activities, such as pile driving, concrete construction, earthwork, etc. i have often referenced the state dot specifications. these documents are readily available, familiar to many contractors & material suppliers, and save a lot of "reinventing the wheel".
the numbers you refer to are from "national master specifications" (nms). most specs are written generally and then touched-up for each job..
3100 formwork
3200 reinforcing
3300 cip
5120 str steel
5200 metal fabs...
see nms or means estimating guides...
unless you produce 100% complete set of drawings and details that cover all on big you are setting yourself up for change orders and gcs are not shy of blaming the designer even when they are wrong.
specifications cover a whole lot more. the also obligate the contractor or provide quality products.
there is nothing wrong with tailoring masters to specific project. this is a part of engineering and we should not shy away from it. we must provide minimum specifications along with our plans.
i agree on small jobs, specs or notes on the plans may be sufficient.
regards
whyun is correct.  the specifications numbering system most commonly used was developed by the construction specifications institute and forms the basic outline of most private construction projects in the us.  however, there are other formats in use and of course the government and highway dot's have there own methods.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 01:06 , Processed in 0.037309 second(s), 19 queries .