帖子: 18592
精华: 36
现金: 249466 标准币
资产: 1080358888 标准币
huangyhg 向着好的方向发展
默认 回复: How to do a product presentation I

How to do a product presentation II
https://portal.gofluent.com/group/c...=0&air=14049429

Study the phrases you can use in a product presentation.

A product presentation's main objective is to introduce a new product or service. Therefore, a product presentation should give clear and detailed information. It should describe the uses, features, and materials of the product or service.

A secondary objective is to convince people to buy the new product or service. Make the listeners see the importance of owning the product or service you are offering.

Parts of a presentation

A presentation has three parts:

I. Introduction
II. Body
III. Conclusion

BODY

The body should discuss the ideas given in the introduction. Provide supporting details to the main idea. Here are a few ways to organize your ideas:
• as events happened in time
• from simple to complex ideas
• from least important to most important ideas

Giving examples

Examples should clearly illustrate the main idea.

Marco: For example, with our new digital camera, the Photografix XYZ567, you can take very clear pictures at night.

Finishing one topic and moving to the next

Make it easy for the listeners to follow the flow of your presentation. Let them know if you are finishing one idea or topic and moving to the next one. Show the connection between the previous idea and the next idea.

Marco: That's it for the camera's photo capture settings. Let's now turn to its connectivity features.

Analyzing a point

You must be able to show your listeners that you understand a point well. You must be thorough in looking at a particular point from several angles. Analyzing a point means asking pertinent questions and coming up with good answers.

Marco: So what does this mean? For you, our users, it means skipping a tedious file transfer step, because you can upload your photos directly from your camera!

Making recommendations

You can make recommendations as well. Note that your tone for making recommendations depends on who your audience is. There are indirect expressions.

Marco: You might want to think about the convenience this would bring you.

And there are direct expressions:

Marco: I'll tell you what. Let's do it this way. I'll let you test this camera for two weeks.

Dealing with questions

Your audience might have some questions for you. Here are different ways to respond to questions.

For accepting questions

Marco: Are there any questions? I'd be happy to answer them.

For addressing a question directly

Marco: You raise an interesting point. My answer to that is yes, our customer service can assist you in setting your unit up.

For rejecting a question and providing a reason

Marco: I'm afraid that is beyond my topic.

For delaying giving an answer

Marco: I'm sorry, but I do not have that information right now. I'll check my resources and then get back to you.

Basic sequencing

As always, you will need to show the structure of your presentation. An organized presentation is easy to follow.

Marco: First of all, I will show you the camera's highly advanced settings. Then, I will show you its new connectivity features. To finish up, I will show you how the Photografix XYZ567 can transform the way you take photographs.

Learn

Below are phrases you can use in your product presentation.

Giving examples

For example, … For example, this product has Wi-Fi connectivity.
A good example of this is … A good example of this is our product's Wi-Fi connectivity.
For instance, … For instance, you can upload your images directly from your camera.
To illustrate, … To illustrate, clicking on this button will update your shopping list.

Finishing one idea or topic and moving to the next

Let's leave that and move on to …
That's it for [idea/topic]. Let's now turn to … That's it for the technical specifications. Let's now turn to the product features.

Analyzing a point

So what does this mean?
What this means is … What this means is you will save three to five hours a week on cleaning your coffeemaker.
What could we conclude from this?
Where does this leave us?
To put it in perspective, … To put it in perspective, you spend three to five hours a week cleaning your coffeemaker. Our CoffeeCup Express, with its automatic self-cleaning system, will save you that time!

Making recommendations

Indirect expressions

If you ask me, …
What I would do is …
You might want to …
It may be a good idea to …

Direct expressions

You must …
You should …
You have to …
I'll tell you what. Let's do it this way …

Dealing with questions

For accepting questions

Are there any questions? I'd be happy to answer them.

For addressing a question directly

You raise an interesting point. My answer to that is …

For rejecting a question and providing a reason

I'm afraid that is beyond my topic or field of expertise.

For delaying giving an answer

Let's tackle that at the end of the presentation, shall we?
I'm sorry, but I do not have that information right now. I'll check my resources and then get back to you.

Basic sequencing

First, ... Second, ...Third, ...
First of all, ... then, ... next, ... after that, ... finally/lastly, ...
To start with, ... later, ... to finish up, ...