几何尺寸与公差论坛------致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T (GDT:ASME)|New GPS(ISO)研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量  

返回   几何尺寸与公差论坛------致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T (GDT:ASME)|New GPS(ISO)研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量 » 三维空间:产品设计或CAX软件使用 » CAD/CAM/CMM » 精密机械
用户名
密码
注册 帮助 会员 日历 银行 搜索 今日新帖 标记论坛为已读

回复

主题工具 搜索本主题 显示模式
旧 2009-09-06, 09:41 AM   #1
huangyhg
超级版主

huangyhg的头像

注册日期: 04-03
帖子: 18592
精华: 36
现金: 249466 标准币
资产: 1080358888 标准币
huangyhg 向着好的方向发展
默认 we are machining an aluminum connector shell out of 6061. th

we are machining an aluminum connector shell out of 6061. th
we are machining an aerospace aluminum connector shell out of 6061. the geometry is complex and requires cnc machining. i was wondering if there is any better material selection for aluminum cnc machining as well as recommendations of cnc shops to do this job. any advice is welcomed. thank you in advance.
william h. bernhart, p.e.
6061 is probably the best choice accounting for availabilty, cost, machinability, and corrosion resistance, especially for small production runs. strength is moderate (for aluminum alloys). i hate to recommend shops because it's hard enough to get work scheduled, but danner machine in seattle, and patriot machine or polster machine in the st. louis area are very good.
wku.student (visitor)26 feb 01 22:06
6061 as stated before "is the best choice for avaiblity, cost, machinabilty, and corrosion restiance"
in order to get the best machinablity out of 6061 you can try to heat treat the aluminum. why heat you may ask?
1.) heat treatment changes the hardness property of
metal.
why is hardness important to the machinability of 6061?

2.) analyzing the stress vs. strain curve for
aluminum, as the material becomes harder, ductilty
will become less, therfore causing a reduction in
the ammount "toughness" of the material.
how is toughness important to machinablity?
3.) toughness described analitically is the area under
the stress strain curve, in practical sense it
is the ammount of energy the material absorbs for
the formation of chips.
4.) therefore the the harder the material becomes, the
less tough and better the machinabilty will become.
there are many different types of heat treatment, and quenching process available; also there are many different types of machine variables which will effect the machinablity of the al 6061.
do not give up on your search for the best material for maching, find info on the internet, and if possible a local univeristy might also be a good source of information.

william, 6061-t6 is a good choice. cake to machine compared to a lot of other stuff. you may want to consider irriditing or anodizing the surface for better corrosion protection.
wayne simon
nrl
thank you.......

i work as a development engineer for amp - tyco electronics located near harrisburg, pa. i help design interconnections and electrical connectors for aerospace applications.
william
we machine quite a bit of aluminum. we occasionally use 7075 sometimes referred to "aircraft" grade for strength, however, it doesn't machine quite as nice as 6061-t6. for a connector requirement, the 6061 should be fine and you can finish the part in a varity of ways, from a dull satin or textured surface or a mirror finish, or even seal/color it with an anodizing process (inexpensive) from clear to black, red, blue, green, gold and more.
good luck
no1
thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

i work as a development engineer for amp - tyco electronics located near harrisburg, pa. i help design interconnections and electrical connectors for aerospace applications.
GDT自动化论坛(仅游客可见)
回复

主题工具 搜索本主题
搜索本主题:

高级搜索
显示模式

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑您的帖子

vB 代码开启
[IMG]代码开启
HTML代码关闭

相似的主题
主题 主题发起者 论坛 回复 最后发表
aluminum stress relief anneal huangyhg 精密机械 0 2009-09-05 10:20 PM
aluminum material callout on drawing huangyhg tec-ease(America) 0 2009-09-04 04:36 PM
【转帖】casting drawing tolerance question yang686526 American standards 0 2009-04-29 06:49 PM
【转帖】aluminum material callout on drawing yang686526 American standards 0 2009-04-29 06:20 PM
【转帖】asme美国机械工程师标准目录2 huangyhg American standards 5 2009-04-26 02:38 PM

所有的时间均为北京时间。 现在的时间是 07:52 PM.

于2004年创办,几何尺寸与公差论坛"致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T | GPS研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量"。免责声明:论坛严禁发布色情反动言论及有关违反国家法律法规内容!情节严重者提供其IP,并配合相关部门进行严厉查处,若內容有涉及侵权,请立即联系我们QQ:44671734。注:此论坛须管理员验证方可发帖。
沪ICP备06057009号-2
更多