几何尺寸与公差论坛------致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T (GDT:ASME)|New GPS(ISO)研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量  

返回   几何尺寸与公差论坛------致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T (GDT:ASME)|New GPS(ISO)研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量 » 三维空间:产品设计或CAX软件使用 » CAD设计 » 产品功能分析
用户名
密码
注册 帮助 会员 日历 银行 搜索 今日新帖 标记论坛为已读

回复

主题工具 搜索本主题 显示模式
旧 2009-09-16, 11:44 PM   #1
huangyhg
超级版主

huangyhg的头像

注册日期: 04-03
帖子: 18592
精华: 36
现金: 249466 标准币
资产: 1080358888 标准币
huangyhg 向着好的方向发展
默认 yield strength steel design

yield strength & steel design
i am a little rusty on steel design. i have some old plans which state the building was designed using astm a36. i've been using lfrd but realized that the manual uses 50ksi for wide flange only. what resources are there for checking moment resistence for a36 of this shape?
the method is the same as for 50ksi. if you look at the older manuals there will be charts for this grade (albeit to the older code).
better still, write yourself a spreadsheet.

the charts (in the 13th ed) are set up for 50ksi; however, the specification is set up for any yield strength- just go through the specification.
thanks much for the info. so in supporting my calculations, what specifications should i reference. i've been told that i should be adjusting my allowable bending for a36 vs. grade 50. so correct me if i'm wrong, what you are saying is that my numbers are good for a36 if using the grade 50 tables and i need not make any adjustments. am i correct?
no, no, no!!!
the spec is set up for any yield strength means that you can use the formulas in the spec to calc the allowable bending strength based on any yield strength. that does not mean that you can use a 50 ksi table for a 36 ksi beam!!
is there an engineer in your office you can talk to about this?
o.k. i think i got it: plastic moment=fy*z, so i use 36 instead of 50 and reduce by 0.9 factor? sorry head engineer is out. been awhile but it's coming back slowly.
you're factoring your loads too, right??
the platic moment is only applicable for adequately braced beams (lb is small enough to negate ltb). is that your situation? it most likely is, especially for 36 ksi, but verify that.
tkday,
i do not think you are rusty, rather you never were polished on steel deisgn the way you are approaching. better have someone review your work.you cannot use this equation mp=fy*z unless section is compact and laterally braced etc.
thanks for all inputs. very helpful. beam is 27x94 and fastened to concrete deck and 7.5' o.c. joist bracing so assuming continuous? lateral-torsional buckling doesn't apply for this case, yielding only based on specs. also checked shear based on specs. beam does fail with proposed loading now based on these calcs. loading calculation spreadsheet has been verified by higher ups and greatest load combination applies based on ibc 2006.
if not continuous lp is border line (7.49'). i will do the math to be sure (f1.2) and being compact, based on b5.1.
whether a beam is compact or non-compact is related to the b/t ratios for the flange and web and not related to unsupported length. for a36, your beam is compact and z can be used. there are likely other bracing issues, if you are using it for plastic design.
dik
GDT自动化论坛(仅游客可见)
回复

主题工具 搜索本主题
搜索本主题:

高级搜索
显示模式

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑您的帖子

vB 代码开启
[IMG]代码开启
HTML代码关闭

相似的主题
主题 主题发起者 论坛 回复 最后发表
welding rebar to steel huangyhg 产品功能分析 0 2009-09-16 08:02 PM
most valuable steel design textbook huangyhg 产品功能分析 0 2009-09-10 03:17 PM
design review for 90000 psi steel huangyhg 产品功能分析 0 2009-09-08 05:58 PM
design build huangyhg 产品功能分析 0 2009-09-08 05:13 PM
【转帖】asme美国机械工程师标准目录2 huangyhg American standards 5 2009-04-26 02:38 PM

所有的时间均为北京时间。 现在的时间是 08:06 PM.

于2004年创办,几何尺寸与公差论坛"致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T | GPS研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量"。免责声明:论坛严禁发布色情反动言论及有关违反国家法律法规内容!情节严重者提供其IP,并配合相关部门进行严厉查处,若內容有涉及侵权,请立即联系我们QQ:44671734。注:此论坛须管理员验证方可发帖。
沪ICP备06057009号-2
更多