几何尺寸与公差论坛------致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T (GDT:ASME)|New GPS(ISO)研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量  

返回   几何尺寸与公差论坛------致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T (GDT:ASME)|New GPS(ISO)研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量 » 三维空间:产品设计或CAX软件使用 » CAD设计 » 产品功能分析
用户名
密码
注册 帮助 会员 日历 银行 搜索 今日新帖 标记论坛为已读

回复

主题工具 搜索本主题 显示模式
旧 2009-09-15, 04:00 PM   #1
huangyhg
超级版主

huangyhg的头像

注册日期: 04-03
帖子: 18592
精华: 36
现金: 249466 标准币
资产: 1080358888 标准币
huangyhg 向着好的方向发展
默认 questions on torsion

questions on torsion
how can i brace my beam for torsion at intermediate and end sections of my beam?
i read here that sometimes for simply supported beam the ends are not braced for torsion. how is it possible that there would be no restraint for torsion at the ends? i can't understand that.
will stiffeners help increase the capacity of my beam for torsion? i heard no but i would think yes like concrete beam stirrups.
what is the difference between torsion from eccentricity and torsion from ltb?
my understanding of torsion is weak. please recommend a journal for torsion.
aisc design guide 9 - torsional analysis of structural steel members
read all available texts, and code commentaries to gain better understanding, or confusion.
engineers hate torsion because it is not a simple, nor truely critical, in most of civil-structural works. i hear the guys are yelling with heavy dose of critism, but to me it's a fact - people tend to take things to extreme for lack of confidence, and/or to express superiority in this regard.
true torsion, as in the elemtary mechanics, is simple, and is somthing to avoid, to the best extent you can.
for localized tosion, try to look the bigger picture, the whole system, to determine its significance. maybe a detail here, a detail there, may be just enough to smooth it out without causing "un-realized" consequence down the road.
i don't mean to discourage from learning and recognize this phenonmenon, and/or any expert advices. just want you to look big, not just one beam, one connection at a time.
good luck in real world practices.
amusteit,
each of your queries in turn.
ends of a simply supported beam are generally only braced against lateral movement and nothing else.
there are 3 types of torsion, pure torsion which causes shear only and then warping torsion and st venants torsion. stiffeners on an open section do help a little with warping and st venants but not with pure torsion as there is no difference to the critical cross section. concrete beams develop compression structs in the concrete and are therefore completely different to steel beams in this regard.
fundamentally ltb torsion is the same but the calculation is completely different since ltb formulii are based on preventing lateral movement rather than twisting. this comparison will only serve to confuse you so dont go down this path.
i would suggest you look into a closed section for torsion as these are much stronger in this regard.
cant help you with any other better texts than design guide 9.

csd72:
excellent explanations.
little adds on: the torsional effect on the simple end connections is alleviated through the small rotation allowabled by the joining materials.
kslee-
that's only true for compatibility torsion, not equilibrium torsion.
structuraleit:
please explain your view point to amusteit, and wish he can gain better understanding.
i was dealing with prestressed bridge girders one time and was out at the precast plant having a word with the site manager. these deck girders are typically 4' x 2' rectangular sections with void form inserts. i notice one particular girder they were about to pour had no space between the void formers and ask the manager whether this is common practice, saying that i had always seen 6" spaces between 6' long void formers detailed. the manager told me it wasn't common and that he prefers the spaces between the voids because it makes the girders torsionally stiffer when they are transporting them to the back of the yard.
without knowing the theory behind this, i imagine it would be the same occurance for steel beams with stiffeners. that they will be more resistant to torsional deformations.
i thought i knew at least a little about torsion, but i have two questions:
csd72: what's the difference between pure torsion and st. venant torsion? i thought they were the same thing and there were only two basic types--warping and pure torsion.
strleit: what are "compatability torsion" and "equilibrium torsion"? is compatability torsion the rigid body component?
compatability torsion is what beams in indererminate frames experience, they will attract torsion but other load paths are available if cracking occurs and torsion redistributes.
equilibrium torsion is exactly what it means, equilibrium cannot be satisfied unless torsion is present and must be designed for. such as cantilevers
asixth:
well explained.
GDT自动化论坛(仅游客可见)
回复

主题工具 搜索本主题
搜索本主题:

高级搜索
显示模式

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑您的帖子

vB 代码开启
[IMG]代码开启
HTML代码关闭

相似的主题
主题 主题发起者 论坛 回复 最后发表
is support condition same for both flexure and torsion huangyhg 产品功能分析 0 2009-09-09 09:32 PM
i-beams torsion and warping huangyhg 产品功能分析 0 2009-09-09 06:34 PM
i-beam in torsion huangyhg 产品功能分析 0 2009-09-09 06:31 PM
connections for torsion huangyhg 产品功能分析 0 2009-09-08 01:18 PM
concrete edge beams huangyhg 产品功能分析 0 2009-09-08 12:02 PM

所有的时间均为北京时间。 现在的时间是 02:02 AM.

于2004年创办,几何尺寸与公差论坛"致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T | GPS研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量"。免责声明:论坛严禁发布色情反动言论及有关违反国家法律法规内容!情节严重者提供其IP,并配合相关部门进行严厉查处,若內容有涉及侵权,请立即联系我们QQ:44671734。注:此论坛须管理员验证方可发帖。
沪ICP备06057009号-2
更多