几何尺寸与公差论坛------致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T (GDT:ASME)|New GPS(ISO)研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量  

返回   几何尺寸与公差论坛------致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T (GDT:ASME)|New GPS(ISO)研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量 » Norm Space: Product Automatic Standards - 范数空间:产品自动化标准 » National Standards » American standards
用户名
密码
注册 帮助 会员 日历 银行 搜索 今日新帖 标记论坛为已读

回复

主题工具 搜索本主题 显示模式
旧 2009-05-04, 10:41 AM   #1
yang686526
高级会员

注册日期: 06-11
帖子: 14579
精华: 1
现金: 224494 标准币
资产: 234494 标准币
yang686526 向着好的方向发展
默认 【转帖】hread call ou

thread call out
i have a part that has an 1.95 id and a 2.13 od. it has internal threads that are 20tpi. the insert for the part is 1.95 od and has external threads that are 20tpi. both will be machine threads.
my question is how do i lable the call out on a print?
find a job or post a job opening
there are a couple of different ways to do this. there are the purists who recite ansi from memory that are in this forum. then there are the cut and dry people who do the machining themselves. if you are a gdt type you will follow ansi y14.xxxxxx. i myself would just call out the thread type and call it good. the machinist will know the rest.
regards,
namdac
instead of 1.95 od on your insert, can you use 1.94 (1.9375)? if so, then 1-15/16-20 would be a standard thread call out.
"art without engineering is dreaming; engineering without art is calculating."
assuming you're in the us and using unified thread then the correct standard is asme b1.1
i'm not at work today so can't reference it but i suspect the size you want, if you can't adjust it to a standard size, will be a special thread. for a unified form this will be uns designation.
callout would be something like 1.95-20 uns 鈥?2a for the screw and 1.95-20 uns 鈥?2b for the nut.
if you don鈥檛 know the a or b designates male/female while the -2 is the tolerance class. there are other classes. for instance if it needs to allow for fine adjustment then class 3 may be appropriate.
my checker makes me add the major/minor and pitch diameter & tolerance underneath the callout for uns threads. i鈥檓 not in 100% agreement with this but he has around 40 years more experience than me so i do it as he鈥檚 more likely to be right than i!
this website can calculate them for you, punch in the size you need in the uns section and the results come up as a pop up window. the info you need will be at the very bottom of the pop up. obviously note the disclaimer that anything you get off the net for free should be verified.
as namdac implies if you just put 鈥?.95x20鈥?you鈥檒l probably get what you want from most machine shops, but is 鈥榩robably鈥?adequate?
a drawing is effectively a legal document in the event of a dispute between you and a supplier. in this case just saying 1.95x20 may not be considered fully defining the thread form & tolerance so you may be out of luck in a court case.
what is the purpose of the thread?
the part with the internal thread has a 1.95" id and the external threaded insert (mating part ?) for it has an od of 1.95" ?????
unless i am completely missing something, it doesn't matter what you label the call out, the threads won't engage.
cbl, if 1.95 is the 'nominal' then its fine. just like a nominal 1/2 inch bolt fits a nominal 1/2 inch nut (assuming same threadform/tpi etc).
i think that i found what i wanted in the machinerys handbook pg. 1269. i would be a 1 15/16 - 20 un. i am not finding an uns or an unc call-out.
b. long
p 4 2.80 ghz
2.5 gig ram
solidworks office 2007 sp. 2.2
uns is a special. hence you wont find it listed in a reference like machinery鈥檚 handbook.
for a uns you actually have to calculate out the diameters based on formula in the thread standard, they are not listed in the tables as there are theoretically infinite combinations of diameter and thread pitch. uns covers anything that isn't a 'standard' unified thread, i.e. not un, unc, unf or unef.
if the 1 15/16 (1.9375)- 20 un (per mad mango) will work for you this is a better idea than having a 'special'.
however you originally asked for 1.95x20, this would be a special as i detailed previously.
thank you kenat i will be able to use the 1 15/16 - 20 un.
b. long
p 4 2.80 ghz
2.5 gig ram
solidworks office 2007 sp. 2.2
yang686526离线中   回复时引用此帖
GDT自动化论坛(仅游客可见)
回复

主题工具 搜索本主题
搜索本主题:

高级搜索
显示模式

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑您的帖子

vB 代码开启
[IMG]代码开启
HTML代码关闭

相似的主题
主题 主题发起者 论坛 回复 最后发表
【转帖】slot call ou yang686526 American standards 0 2009-04-29 10:00 PM
【转帖】flatness call ou yang686526 American standards 0 2009-04-29 07:57 PM
【转帖】chamfer call ou yang686526 American standards 0 2009-04-29 06:52 PM
【转帖】custom property macro bugging ou yang686526 SolidWorks二次开发 0 2009-04-13 10:09 AM

所有的时间均为北京时间。 现在的时间是 02:03 AM.

于2004年创办,几何尺寸与公差论坛"致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T | GPS研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量"。免责声明:论坛严禁发布色情反动言论及有关违反国家法律法规内容!情节严重者提供其IP,并配合相关部门进行严厉查处,若內容有涉及侵权,请立即联系我们QQ:44671734。注:此论坛须管理员验证方可发帖。
沪ICP备06057009号-2
更多