几何尺寸与公差论坛------致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T (GDT:ASME)|New GPS(ISO)研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量  

返回   几何尺寸与公差论坛------致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T (GDT:ASME)|New GPS(ISO)研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量 » 仿射空间:CAX软件开发(三)二次开发与程序设计 » CAD二次开发 » SolidWorks二次开发
用户名
密码
注册 帮助 会员 日历 银行 搜索 今日新帖 标记论坛为已读

回复

主题工具 搜索本主题 显示模式
旧 2009-04-13, 09:59 AM   #1
yang686526
高级会员

注册日期: 06-11
帖子: 14579
精华: 1
现金: 224494 标准币
资产: 234494 标准币
yang686526 向着好的方向发展
默认 【转帖】court rules acad resale lawful--whats that mean for solidwo

court rules acad resale lawful--what's that mean for solidwo
just saw this in cadalyst magazine:
i do not see this affecting solidworks much, as the item you purchase is not the software but the serial number. as long as you sell the original disc and not a copy, it is the same a selling a book to a used book store. autodesk should have understood this long ago.

john h. dunten, cd
certified drafter
draftingman,
that actually isn't true at all. the criteria for what represents a first-sale was maintained and applies to any software that is not leased for a limited duration of time, regardless of how the licensing scheme is cooked up. i actually covered this case topic back in may on my blog:
that's what i was thinking, matt. i don't see the differences with this case between the two (acad or sw) since they both involve the selling of copies of software on real discs. the licenses may have differing terms, but the judge's remarks in this case pose interesting ramifications for almost any software company operating under typical license agreements of this type. this might be huge.
one tweak is regarding the sw policy of not supporting/updating copies of software obtained second-hand instead of via a var. would this ruling force their hand in any way? perhaps sw has gotten around the power of this ruling--sure, a user might get their particular copy of software to operate, but it might never see the ability to be upgraded.
by the way--excellent article on the topic!

jeff mowry
fcsuper,
solidworks will work for an indefinite period of time after it is purchased. in no way is there a time limit on solidworks.
the subscription fee that is paid each year is for updates and new versions.
if you purchase sw 2008 sp 4.0 toady, it will work for 100 years if your computer is still working in 100 years.
why and how could solidworks stop me if i sold somebody my sw 2007 sp 0.0 disc set?
john h. dunten, cd
certified drafter
i'm not sure if they would come after you but it is against their license agreement. you are not allowed to resell it.
1.a. grant of license. solidworks grants to you a nonexclusive nontransferable license to use the software and the printed and/or electronic user documentation (the "documentation") accompanying the software in accordance with this agreement.
jason
solidworks 2007 sp5.0
solidworks 2008 sp0.1
winxp sp2 (32 and 64 bit)

i'll throw another tidbit in. i have had a license transferred to my personal company from my father's company. had to get permission and jump through hoops to do it, but solidworks did allow it. i have since been paying subscription of the license. so, they do allow license transfers - but it doesn't seem a sale to another individual could transfer the license in solidworks minds... this is the issue at hand i think, and from what is being shown in the case with autodesk - they can't enforce it how they want to. i would think it would have implications on solidworks and resale of its software. i always like to think about these things by extending it to other products in the marketplace, like a car for instance. imagine if car manufacturers acted the same way when you tried to sell your car and then the next owner tried to purchase parts for a fix and the car manufacturers acted the same way the software companies do... by the way, there is a ton of software in automobiles.
draftingman,
yes, we know. i'm was responding to your comment regarding "as the item you purchase is not the software but the serial number." this comment was not true. sw is under the same rules as any other software. this rule reasserts those rules inspite of any licensing agreement.
licensing agreements cannot supercede law. they are subject to the law of the land where the application is in use. where licensing agreements are in conflict with the law, those portions are invalid and could (in some cases) be grounds for penal action against the publisher (as some states make certain provisions specifically illegal).
matt lorono
cad engineer/ecn analyst
silicon valley, ca
and, one of the things cited as objectionable with common license agreements is that software licenses "sold" without limited time terms for use of the software cannot then be so restricted for resale as these license agreements state. so this is the area of license agreements that seem to conflict with current law.
if it's as simple as that, i'd say solidworks is facing difficulty in keeping their license agreement as-is (without challenges, anyway).

jeff mowry
i think to combat all of this, software companies are interested in software as a service. running solidworks in a cloud can get around many issues, such as licensing, piracy, version compatibility among files (all users use the same version), installation in mulitple locations/number of instances, questions ad nausiam on hardware that suck up solidworks time fixing problems not their own. look at arena plm as a good example of this. i think it is inevitable that software is moving in this direction.
we bought a company and they had a few seats of sw. it took several weeks for texas engineering systems (our var) to have the licenses transferred to us.
i have seen autocad being sold on ebay, and they should allow it as long as the buyer doesn't expect tech support and upgrades. we have old cd's of sw and it would be nice if we could sell them because they are just sitting on a shelf gathering dust even though $thousands was spent on them.
yang686526离线中   回复时引用此帖
GDT自动化论坛(仅游客可见)
回复

主题工具 搜索本主题
搜索本主题:

高级搜索
显示模式

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑您的帖子

vB 代码开启
[IMG]代码开启
HTML代码关闭

所有的时间均为北京时间。 现在的时间是 05:58 PM.

于2004年创办,几何尺寸与公差论坛"致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T | GPS研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量"。免责声明:论坛严禁发布色情反动言论及有关违反国家法律法规内容!情节严重者提供其IP,并配合相关部门进行严厉查处,若內容有涉及侵权,请立即联系我们QQ:44671734。注:此论坛须管理员验证方可发帖。
沪ICP备06057009号-2
更多