几何尺寸与公差论坛------致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T (GDT:ASME)|New GPS(ISO)研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量  

返回   几何尺寸与公差论坛------致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T (GDT:ASME)|New GPS(ISO)研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量 » Norm Space: Product Automatic Standards - 范数空间:产品自动化标准 » GD&T standards » Standard training » tec-ease(America)
用户名
密码
注册 帮助 会员 日历 银行 搜索 今日新帖 标记论坛为已读

回复

主题工具 搜索本主题 显示模式
旧 2009-09-04, 04:38 PM   #1
huangyhg
超级版主

huangyhg的头像

注册日期: 04-03
帖子: 18592
精华: 36
现金: 249466 标准币
资产: 1080358888 标准币
huangyhg 向着好的方向发展
默认 ansi y14 bad drafting practice

ansi y14 & bad drafting practice
hello - new body here & would like someones opinion
just this week our vp of engineering called all of the designers & engineers togather to complain about the seriuosly bad drawings being turned out on our recent project - we are a small company w/ only 100 employees & for years now i have been trying to get a standard set up within our group but to no avail - our vp tends to micro-manage & re-design all the designs we designers work on & he implies all his own standards to our drawings - i came from a large corporation who had a standards book like a bible & i have alos worked under ansi y14 - i was "corected" for having 3 place tolerance dims on a metric
drawing when the original part was translated from english to metric as "soft metric" not a complete "metric" designed
part - i somehow remember that a converted part from english to metric should be re-checked back to english to make sure the toleran stackup is still o.k. & no interferances are present - is this true - also any where i can get an online copy of ansi y14 drafting standards to try once again to get something going here?? - any help would be greatly appreciated (little less hair today then yesterday)
you can purchase all of them here:
nice to see someone else fighting the good fight.
if by online you mean free downloadable asme &14.100 series documents, i'm affraid i don't know.
if you do a search for them then you can get them for $, asme web site is one option.
you are using the wrong bible.
find out where the vp used to work, and get a copy of their standards book.
mike halloran
pembroke pines, fl, usa
what mike says kind of makes sense, asme y14 series are only correct if that's what's being invoked.
if you don't have a company policy to work to asme y14 then whatever your boss decides goes.
looking at some gd&t training course material i have from gary whitmire (
it sounds like your vp needs to show some leadership and stop passing the buck. if he wants standards then he has to define what he wants instead of starting a circle-jerk. once the leader leads the troops will follow. best of luck
heckler
sr. mechanical engineer
swx 2007 sp 3.0 & pro/e 2001
xp pro sp2.0 p4 3.6 ghz, 1gb ram
nvidia quadro fx 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)
"first they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - mahatma gandhi
just to iterate, there are no free editions of the standards. you can join asme to get discounts.
you might luck out have find a copy at your local library. it's a big standard to copy, so it's not really practical to photocopy the whole thing, but you can get the pages you need.
as kenat stated, i don't see anywhere in the standard that talks about converting conventions in the way you mentioned. paragraph 1.6.4 simply says "for information on conversion and rounding of u.s. customary linear units, see ansi/ieee 268. i don't have access to that standard at this minute, but maybe try to find that one at your library.
matt
cad engineer/ecn analyst
silicon valley, ca
i have a related question: i am also currently in a search for asme y14 drafting standards. asme breaks down their standards into a variety of books, each book being rather pricey. is asme y14.5 the best book to buy for overall drafting standards, or is it best to purchase each one of the asme y14 books? are their any text books out their that cover all of the basics? i know tec-ease has a variety of books for the topic. i just wanted some people's opinion on what to buy before i convince my department to go out and buy asme y14.5.
this is a good book:
"drawing requirements manual", 10th edition
global engineering documents (an his group company)
15 inverness way east
englewood, colorado, 80112-5776
ph 800-854-7179, 303-792-2181
chris,
i second that recommendation. much info in a small package. i'm still trying to keep my 5th edition from falling apart. instead on one book, it has turned into several smaller ones. i don't want to buy a new one, though
asme y14.35m-1997 is a good one to have for revision control on drawings and it's smaller and less expensive, and asme y14.5m-1994 is good for general drafting standards. if you get those two books, then a general standards book that refers to multiple standards, you should be in good shape. teh y14.5 is good just in case there are questions about what the standard actually says, so it's just good to have around. others can be accessed through third part overview general synapses. i use genium, but there's plenty of others out there.
matt
cad engineer/ecn analyst
silicon valley, ca
GDT自动化论坛(仅游客可见)
回复

主题工具 搜索本主题
搜索本主题:

高级搜索
显示模式

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑您的帖子

vB 代码开启
[IMG]代码开启
HTML代码关闭

相似的主题
主题 主题发起者 论坛 回复 最后发表
【转帖】decimal dimensioningfractional equivalents yang686526 American standards 0 2009-04-29 07:28 PM
【转帖】creating drafting standards yang686526 American standards 0 2009-04-29 07:08 PM
【转帖】ansi y14 bad drafting practice yang686526 American standards 0 2009-04-29 06:21 PM
【转帖】asme美国机械工程师标准目录2 huangyhg American standards 5 2009-04-26 02:38 PM
【转帖】asme美国机械工程师标准目录2 huangyhg American standards 0 2009-04-26 02:31 PM

所有的时间均为北京时间。 现在的时间是 05:02 PM.

于2004年创办,几何尺寸与公差论坛"致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T | GPS研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量"。免责声明:论坛严禁发布色情反动言论及有关违反国家法律法规内容!情节严重者提供其IP,并配合相关部门进行严厉查处,若內容有涉及侵权,请立即联系我们QQ:44671734。注:此论坛须管理员验证方可发帖。
沪ICP备06057009号-2
更多