几何尺寸与公差论坛------致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T (GDT:ASME)|New GPS(ISO)研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量  

返回   几何尺寸与公差论坛------致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T (GDT:ASME)|New GPS(ISO)研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量 » 三维空间:产品设计或CAX软件使用 » CAD设计 » 产品功能分析
用户名
密码
注册 帮助 会员 日历 银行 搜索 今日新帖 标记论坛为已读

回复

主题工具 搜索本主题 显示模式
旧 2009-09-15, 03:57 PM   #1
huangyhg
超级版主

huangyhg的头像

注册日期: 04-03
帖子: 18592
精华: 36
现金: 249466 标准币
资产: 1080358888 标准币
huangyhg 向着好的方向发展
默认 question on wind loads

question on wind loads
i posted this in the civil code issues, but apparently no one frequents that, so i'll post it here:
this is a quite common situation, but one i'm not familiar with. how do you calculate the wind load on an irregular structure such as a frame with a sign in it (ex: a sign over a road). i would think the analysis would, according to asce 7-02, be in line with 6.5.13. my boss isn't comfortable with that since he isn't familiar with this also, and wants me to use the entire area of the frame and the wind load from a simplified analysis (method 1).
check out our whitepaper library.
aggieyank,
i do not have a copy of asce 7-02 in front of me, but at the very least i would apply the wind load to any portion of the frame which a sign could be mounted to. it would also be prudent to increase this tributary area if the sign could extend beyond the frame.
you may want to have a look at your dot standards or aashto also.
good luck.
the reference you are probably looking for is the "standard specifications for structural supports for highway signs, luminaires, and traffic signals".
wind load is basically applied to the cross sectional area of the frame + the signs. in addition, there are fatigue criteria for the frame/supports that need to be evaluated due to galloping, vortex shedding, natural wind gusts, and truck induced gusts.
nchrp reports 469 and 494 may also be helpful. some of the nchrp reports can be downloaded for free, if i re
i think you are correct to use sec. 6.5.13. then use figure 6-21 to figure the correct cf value. since the flat signboards cover some of the exposed area of the lattice support structure, there is some uncertainty about what value of epsilon to use iln figure 6-21. i would use only the parts of the support frame that is not covered by the signs to figure epsilon, figure the cf value for the frame. then figure the cf value for the signs only by using figure 6-20. note that for most signs, the cf values will probably be about 1.2 or 1.3.
as an alternate approach, you could include the frame and sign together to figure epsilon, and probably get a slightly higher epsilon and thus a slightly lower cf value for the combination signs/frame. you'd have to ignore the fact that the flat signs are quite different from the flat-sided or round frame members. with this approach, i'd still suggest using figure 6-20 to figure cf for the signs themselves, and apply wind loads to them separately.
regards,
chichuck
its hard to know which approach would give the higher wind loads, but i suspect they would not differ by a lot.
GDT自动化论坛(仅游客可见)
回复

主题工具 搜索本主题
搜索本主题:

高级搜索
显示模式

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑您的帖子

vB 代码开启
[IMG]代码开启
HTML代码关闭

相似的主题
主题 主题发起者 论坛 回复 最后发表
question on wind load provisions of ibc 2000 huangyhg 产品功能分析 0 2009-09-15 03:57 PM
intl bldg code wind loads huangyhg 产品功能分析 0 2009-09-09 09:19 PM
balcony guardrail wind huangyhg 产品功能分析 0 2009-09-07 02:11 PM
asce figure 6-10 wind loads huangyhg 产品功能分析 0 2009-09-07 01:22 PM
are asce 7-02 wind loads ultimate or service level huangyhg 产品功能分析 0 2009-09-07 12:46 PM

所有的时间均为北京时间。 现在的时间是 08:06 PM.

于2004年创办,几何尺寸与公差论坛"致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T | GPS研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量"。免责声明:论坛严禁发布色情反动言论及有关违反国家法律法规内容!情节严重者提供其IP,并配合相关部门进行严厉查处,若內容有涉及侵权,请立即联系我们QQ:44671734。注:此论坛须管理员验证方可发帖。
沪ICP备06057009号-2
更多